Security Installer Community

gsm dialer recommendations

paul44

Oh yeah I'd forgotten that. It's ?£300 pricetag does tend to grind a little when you can get the TELL type units reasonably.

I know they don't have customer-facing displays and all that but you can in theory GPRS into some of them and with all models send specially formatted, password protected texts to make changes inc. numbers.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

11 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Oh yeah I'd forgotten that. It's ?£300 pricetag does tend to grind a little when you can get the TELL type units reasonably.

I know they don't have customer-facing displays and all that but you can in theory GPRS into some of them and with all models send specially formatted, password protected texts to make changes inc. numbers.

You sound like some mad scientist , just to keep up with diverting topics

15 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Sd3 overpriced but I suppose doesn't matter if customer paying and doesn't care ........ 

Why is everyone scared to fit quality and charge for it.

You say overpriced, I say a quality product that does it's job well and had no issues.

Compare that against hassle you will get from the cheaper end of the market and it makes sense.

13 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Why is everyone scared to fit quality and charge for it.

You say overpriced, I say a quality product that does it's job well and had no issues.

Compare that against hassle you will get from the cheaper end of the market and it makes sense.

Overpriced nothing to do with quality lol

• Downvote 2

admittedly i dont install / maintain that many compared to some of you, but of all those i have installed ive never had any problems or been called back to any faults with them. maybe im just lucky, which is rare for me. as much as id rather install a monitored alarm for someone, not everyone wants one and sometimes its a basic dialler that gets fitted. or bells only

customers may not always have an idea what they want but id rather give them choices rather than telling what they are having

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, norman said:

You'd be better installing something that's not tat or likely to cause you revisits and generates recurring revenue. 

Customers have no idea what they want. 

Exactly Norman, hence why I am asking the question on a professional security forum. Haven't  fitted many myself but thought I would seek advice.

Nothing worse than fitting ***** that you keep getting called back for.

• Upvote 4