Security Installer Community

Risco wireless sensor battery low issue

Yes, just to clarify things do go out of date the day you buy them, but things move slowly in the alarm world and thankfully so.

But, in the case of your system what I mean is that even when you had it installed it was an old system. Agreed that parts are still available even now, but there is clearly an issue and do wonder how much more money is worth throwing at it.

As above Eurosec is sub-budget and I rip it out frequently. That's not to say a replacement needs to be megabucks.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 weeks later...

contacted two alarm approved installers.  one rang me back but did not turn up , the other still awaiting him to come back to me. i think the attitude seems in my area if they did not install it they dont want to know.

any way managed to get a new door sensor. paired it on the system aftter a bit of messing about now working fingers crossed ok .

i have gone through alarm system and tested the system with a walk test no issues found  

But i have another couple of concerns looking at system log . raise a seperate question on here. thanks all for advising , if any thing else goes that is major i get it took out and new system put in.

I haven't read through all the posts but I use Risco all the time for domestic it's great kit!! I haven't used a Eurosec for years and my reason for that is I think its rubbish and not worth using. As far as the detectors go as a company I change the batteries in all the detectors when I do the annual maintenance again I cant comment for the Eurosec as It's been so long since I've worked on one however when I change batteries on the Gardtec you have to unlearn and relearn the detectors.

on event view it says now -

On event log it says this now:

Constant lo bat

13 feb 15:00:00

Radio lo bat  ok

15 feb 19:18:16

Off chg volts lo

27 jan 19:06:20

Radio lo bat  ok

19 jan 19:41:36

Power restored

10 jan 21:09:36

Constant lo bat

09 Jan 21:00:00

any ideas please?  

I think its means the battery inside the panel was low and it has been recharged ?

as I read the battery is on a trickle charge all the time and states this on events as these descriptions ?

or does it mean battery inside panel is low and is discharged   need replacing? 

Edited by karl taylor
bad wording
  • Downvote 1

Just checked the batteries in wireless sensor on my two sheds. One of them was flashing low battery.  Here we go again.  So took cover off to find it starting to go rusty on battery terminals. Change battery.  Nope nojoy internal alarm going off again. For god sake this is one pile of rubbish italian made alarm.

So i had a spare new sensor.  Fitted it all ok again. See picture below of sensor i took off shed door.  Its only been on a year or so as was faulty originaly. Rusting causing a fault.   Risco gardtec or eurosec what ever it is if you read these forum comments.  improve the quality of your alarms please. I am going to change the rest of the sensors now for piece of mind. More money spent in a **** set up.

DSC_0072.JPG

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Just checked the batteries in wireless sensor on my two sheds. One of them was flashing low battery.  Here we go again.  So took cover off to find it starting to go rusty on battery terminals. Change battery.  Nope nojoy internal alarm going off again. For god sake this is one pile of rubbish italian made alarm.

So i had a spare new sensor.  Fitted it all ok again. See picture below of sensor i took off shed door.  Its only been on a year or so as was faulty originaly. Rusting causing a fault.   Risco gardtec or eurosec what ever it is if you read these forum comments.  improve the quality of your alarms please. I am going to change the rest of the sensors now for piece of mind. More money spent in a **** set up.

condensation or device fitted to an outward opening door,

Clean terminals, touch of petroleum jelly on battery ends maybe a silica gel pack in the case

OMG I'm possessed by the late, great, Arfur Mo....

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

I have just  fitted a new sensor to the shed as would not reset, i think mosture must have got in the anti tamper switch and small circuits. Messing about on a saturday night with this ****,  i should be in the pub.

Have spread some silcone round the sides of the outside of the casing to try and stop the moisture. Should of used some electrical grease on battery terminal ends but old one looked ok there just the rest of battery clamp was rusting. Did not have any silca gel. 

Might be ok with silcone round sides of new casing?   Bit of a bodge but think might be ok? 

• Downvote 1

I have just  fitted a new sensor to the shed as would not reset, i think mosture must have got in the anti tamper switch and small circuits. Messing about on a saturday night with this ****,  i should be in the pub.

Have spread some silcone round the sides of the outside of the casing to try and stop the moisture. Should of used some electrical grease on battery terminal ends but old one looked ok there just the rest of battery clamp was rusting. Did not have any silca gel. 

Might be ok with silcone round sides of new casing?   Bit of a bodge but think might be ok? 

I am going to buy a few more new door sensors as it looks like risco have improved the internal workings of it doing away with on the front the anti jacking spring instead putting a metal spring clip which is held on the cover. And the battery clip in terminals have now a plastic insulation securing cover.

Have to agree mind if the alarm had a service every year these issues would be found out and sorted instead of them all playing up at once. But trying to get hold of thepeople who installed it is impossible.   

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, karl taylor said:

DSC_0072.JPG

This is definitely blag , you had these problems from beginning and so on , 

You need to slow down and have a methodical approach perhaps 

Tried cleaning the terminals up.  No good.  Keeps sending a fault  to the panel.    Fitted new sensor.  Fault gone.    Risco i thought where italian.  Either way italian or Israeli i aint impressed with it.   Next alarm it wont be one of theres.  People on this forum have been of more help and assistance than the manufacturer and there none helpfull customer service department who i have rang too many times.  No not recommended. 

The first problem was over two years ago with a faulty sensor for the shed yes.  Not the same fault.   Fault was a low battery indication when there was not a low battery.

Second fault is now with a patio door saying same fault issue. Low battery despite changing the batteries 4 times in the same sensor.  

Sensor changed fault gone.

Now changed all the batteries in all the other sensors that i have last week.

All was fine. I did not notice any rusting on shed sensor.  Then again i changed the batteries after i came home from work at 8pm so it was a night time and i wanted it fixed.  After all i am the one getting woken up at 3am with this false battery alarm.

So one of shed sensors has gone off again.  Closer inspection it has rusted.  So the whole alarm system i am trying to sort out now on my own as no alarm people will come out.

To say this is a blag,  no it is not. I am  the one getting woken up in the early hours by a faulty alarm . 

I am using a methodical approach. I am changing the faulty parts and its fixing the problem.  my issue with my alarm not a blag

funny enough re hkc I just fitted a system (friend believe it or not) on a few gates on a small farm. no waterproofing like that test I did 5 yrs ago on my house. Still no issues and furthest gate is over 500m away

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

46 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

funny enough re hkc I just fitted a system (friend believe it or not) on a few gates on a small farm. no waterproofing like that test I did 5 yrs ago on my house. Still no issues and furthest gate is over 500m away

Still can't believe they don't have a basic free app  but then pstn udl is the way forward for house bashers dot com

• Upvote 1

why would anyone offer Imo the best comms (watch this space too) for free? Everything costs id rather know the up front ones vs the hidden ones.... Do you really believe the free ones won't need a full system replacement to keep it running?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

4 hours ago, karl taylor said:

Risco group products on the new box it says in small print  assembled in china  designed by risco.    those words say it all i think for me now.:angry:   rubbish gear.

Thanks all for posting

There's allot of good stuff from china

What you on?