Security Installer Community

Risco wireless sensor battery low issue

11 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

w/o a maintenance contract its not like your paying him any income to be woken up at 4am, what do you expect?

I agree with that - but (and if) you're advertising a 24/7 number, you kind of have to expect a call or two...

Any (frankly idiot) firm dishing out a personal mobile number should expect it anyway IMHO.

Quite what he would do about it at 4am without legitimately charging £££s for the callout is another matter, of course.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

18 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

The point been see how i feel been woken up at 4am. Not expecting him to come out at that time but it sure annoy me paying to have a issue fixed and been told its all ok then a week later its buggered again.  Very annoying thats the point.

The pricks that ring me up in the middle of the night just to wake me because their awake are the same sort of pricks that don't release I've got loads of system that can make timed test calls, or just might ring them back the following week at 4am to check the system is doing okay...

Mr? Veritas God

I know a sparks that was being hassled to change a plastic lightswitch for a metal one; despite having done the bloke a load of favours during an extension

being thrown up, being messed around by the builders, him changing his mind on socket locations just after first fix etc... Geezer had my alarm

but thankfully my bits were dead easy.

Anyway he turned up before 5am, it was almost light being the height of the summer, bloke started to argue but he argued back saying

if he didn't do it right there it would be in 3 weeks time or something, so he let him in. No tea offered mind! f-lol!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Have spoken to a few alarm companies today who know the system.  Have been advised to take out a alarm maintance contract on the system.  As it will have battery back ups on panel and bell box so these batteries may well be needing changing and system checking out.  The price qouted is very reasonable per year.   It would cover any issues such as what i have at the minute so i might just go down that road instead now. 

Can i ask you guys on here what does a service and maintance contract include as i just thought it was simply changing a few wireless batteries and thats it?   

Any further advise welcome please.

37 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Have spoken to a few alarm companies today who know the system.  Have been advised to take out a alarm maintance contract on the system.  As it will have battery back ups on panel and bell box so these batteries may well be needing changing and system checking out.  The price qouted is very reasonable per year.   It would cover any issues such as what i have at the minute so i might just go down that road instead now. 

Can i ask you guys on here what does a service and maintance contract include as i just thought it was simply changing a few wireless batteries and thats it?   

Any further advise welcome please.

At this point cost of new contract, won't cover parts that are faulty then you will pay for that on top

Better rip it out and install something better , texecom Honeywell Hkc etc 

40 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

basic maintenance would be a visit & access to "service on demand" that so pricks can ring up at 4am to tell them the alarm has gone off,

oddly most employees expect to paid to make themselves available & sober to go & repair alarms at the drop of a hat, you'd probably be charged for any parts & any extra visits

so co's do fully comprehensive you pay your money & makes your choice

Mr? Veritas God

The approved installers for the alarm makes you mention are listed in the police force area by county?  Or do i google the brands you mention and go from there if i get the system changed.  

It was ok or so i was lead to be told it was a good system when they installed it 5 years ago.  Guess things have moved on since then?