Security Installer Community

Risco wireless sensor battery low issue

2 hours ago, karl taylor said:

I got thec code off him after kicking off with him.  But cost me 20 for the pleasure so he had the last laugh. Now jokes on me.

Depends. If he really was stupid enough to have one engineer code for all his systems, which he has just sold to you for the price of a large KFC....

Wow. If that's the case he has effectively just sold you a key to break into any property with his system in, and probably not the first time he's done that.

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Its a security system...

it sold as conforming to std part of that std requires anti tamper circuits,

if your the sort of person that lives alone, has no friends or guests visiting, never has any tradesmen ect in the house then the anti tamper feature on the sensor can easily be removed using a soldering to blob out the the switch on the pcb

If you have co. which does not maintain systems & sells the engineering code..... err I think you may be dealing with "S Hit Alarms Ltd;"

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

Ok i leave anti tampers well alone. Just a thought.

Installer did not appreciate me ringing him abd texting him at 4 am when the shed one was playing up.

I asked him when he came to put a new engineer code in the system if my choice as its my alarm not his.  He has his own code for all the alarms he installs.

What happens if i move and the alarm installer system company is no longer trading. Total screwed then

I havent touched the system or messed with it,  

All i want to do now is sort this faulty sensor and fit a new one back on the system. 

49 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

if your the sort of person that lives alone, has no friends or guests visiting, never has any tradesmen ect in the house

...then you'll fit in just fine on TSI!

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2 hours ago, karl taylor said:

Installer did not appreciate me ringing him abd texting him at 4 am when the shed one was playing up.

w/o a maintenance contract its not like your paying him any income to be woken up at 4am, what do you expect?

Mr? Veritas God

11 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

w/o a maintenance contract its not like your paying him any income to be woken up at 4am, what do you expect?

I agree with that - but (and if) you're advertising a 24/7 number, you kind of have to expect a call or two...

Any (frankly idiot) firm dishing out a personal mobile number should expect it anyway IMHO.

Quite what he would do about it at 4am without legitimately charging £££s for the callout is another matter, of course.

Edited by datadiffusion

18 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

The point been see how i feel been woken up at 4am. Not expecting him to come out at that time but it sure annoy me paying to have a issue fixed and been told its all ok then a week later its buggered again.  Very annoying thats the point.

The pricks that ring me up in the middle of the night just to wake me because their awake are the same sort of pricks that don't release I've got loads of system that can make timed test calls, or just might ring them back the following week at 4am to check the system is doing okay...

Mr? Veritas God

I know a sparks that was being hassled to change a plastic lightswitch for a metal one; despite having done the bloke a load of favours during an extension

being thrown up, being messed around by the builders, him changing his mind on socket locations just after first fix etc... Geezer had my alarm

but thankfully my bits were dead easy.

Anyway he turned up before 5am, it was almost light being the height of the summer, bloke started to argue but he argued back saying

if he didn't do it right there it would be in 3 weeks time or something, so he let him in. No tea offered mind! f-lol!

Have spoken to a few alarm companies today who know the system.  Have been advised to take out a alarm maintance contract on the system.  As it will have battery back ups on panel and bell box so these batteries may well be needing changing and system checking out.  The price qouted is very reasonable per year.   It would cover any issues such as what i have at the minute so i might just go down that road instead now. 

Can i ask you guys on here what does a service and maintance contract include as i just thought it was simply changing a few wireless batteries and thats it?   

Any further advise welcome please.

37 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Have spoken to a few alarm companies today who know the system.  Have been advised to take out a alarm maintance contract on the system.  As it will have battery back ups on panel and bell box so these batteries may well be needing changing and system checking out.  The price qouted is very reasonable per year.   It would cover any issues such as what i have at the minute so i might just go down that road instead now. 

Can i ask you guys on here what does a service and maintance contract include as i just thought it was simply changing a few wireless batteries and thats it?   

Any further advise welcome please.

At this point cost of new contract, won't cover parts that are faulty then you will pay for that on top

Better rip it out and install something better , texecom Honeywell Hkc etc 

40 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

basic maintenance would be a visit & access to "service on demand" that so pricks can ring up at 4am to tell them the alarm has gone off,

oddly most employees expect to paid to make themselves available & sober to go & repair alarms at the drop of a hat, you'd probably be charged for any parts & any extra visits

so co's do fully comprehensive you pay your money & makes your choice

Mr? Veritas God

The approved installers for the alarm makes you mention are listed in the police force area by county?  Or do i google the brands you mention and go from there if i get the system changed.  

It was ok or so i was lead to be told it was a good system when they installed it 5 years ago.  Guess things have moved on since then?  

No different to buying a new mobile phone now or tv for it to be out of date 6 months later.  

If it was out of date then so be it.  But really i must bin this system because it out of date tac.  I might do that with all my stuff i have.  I chuck my samsung galaxy 7 in the bin now because it now out of date. And i bin my 4 k tv as there is a newer version. 

Fully understand the points you chaps have made on here. Pay my money make my choice.

Call out and a fix and a maintance contract or fix it myself and fit a new sensor. 

Life span of batteries in bell box and control panel will most likely be 7 years so they will need changing.  So may be in a few years time and i can afford to change the system i will. By that time the current best systems will to be out of date will they not? 

6 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

No different to buying a new mobile phone now or tv for it to be out of date 6 months later.  

Total blag 

If you don't mind me saying , no offence of course , but you know your choices 

I can see your point but it was a bottom end system then.

But as its been totally fault free for years then its worth sticking with.... oh wait

If it was anything else, fridge, telly etc what would you do?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

5 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

alarms ain't consumer devices, their niche market low volume & expensive for old tech

the same doors contacts are still being sold, only the very early one are unavailable as they changed the mhz ?

ring risco & ask who'd they recommend locally 

• Downvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

Just now, al-yeti said:

Can he swap it for lightsys I thought they were ok? Some detectors might work with it 

you did?

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Can he swap it for lightsys I thought they were ok? Some detectors might work with it 

sensors ish and bells only imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I reckon I could sort this system in under an 1hr, should the device report a low battery with the next 28 days I'return & just charge for the device I have old types & new on the shelf.

The other topic with Everest abacus, again sorted within an 1hr,

Both could have fully comp contracts, however I probably start with wanting money for bells & batterys to put money in the pot

Mr? Veritas God

Thanks for your honest views, no offence taken by any.  I email a few local companies from your listing in my area for they advise on cost etc before i spend any thing on this system now

The correct actual system is a risco eurosec cpx with the standard eurosec key pad and the 8 zone wireless expander.   not that if it would make much odds from what you chaps have said on here about it.