Security Installer Community

Risco wireless sensor battery low issue

Ok  . 

I think i get a new sensor.

Rang five alarm companies today. Only one rang back and said dont fo this system.  Left a few messages no response yet.

I can get hold of a new sensor. But not direct from risco. There response was get in touch with one if our companies who are registered installers local to you. I have.  Still waiting on response. They can not supply me direct

U can get one off ebay but dont trust ebay for stuff like this as might be seconds so can go further a field.

It carnt be that hard to put a new sensor on to the system? Or is it another head ache.?

19 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Ok  . 

I think i get a new sensor.

Rang five alarm companies today. Only one rang back and said dont fo this system.  Left a few messages no response yet.

I can get hold of a new sensor. But not direct from risco. There response was get in touch with one if our companies who are registered installers local to you. I have.  Still waiting on response. They can not supply me direct

U can get one off ebay but dont trust ebay for stuff like this as might be seconds so can go further a field.

It carnt be that hard to put a new sensor on to the system? Or is it another head ache.?

Have a look here ,might not be exact one but I didn't really search through much

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/risco-wisdom-wireless-pir-p-750.html

Thankd for the link. No its not that type its a door or window wireless contact with magnetic sensor. When the door or window opens it sends a signal. 

Was never offered a maintance contract as installer locks all his systems so others carnt get in to it. 

I got thec code off him after kicking off with him.  But cost me 20 for the pleasure so he had the last laugh. Now jokes on me.

Can any one tell me what is the point of the anti tamper alarm as if a burgular is in your home he not going to spend time taking control boxes etc appart if the alarm going off.  May be i am wrong. 

Well I could be your electrician , sabotage so you can't set and you wouldn't know until I left , wait until you went out because you couldn't set , and steal all your secret squirrels 

13 minutes ago, karl taylor said:

Thankd for the link. No its not that type its a door or window wireless contact with magnetic sensor. When the door or window opens it sends a signal. 

They all send signal lol

Point was look for it in that site perhaps maybe they have it

That site doesnt have them but thanks for trying to find one

The point i am making is this anti jacking feature is only of use for that instance to stop internal tampering. If a burgular has broken in i carnt see him or her going to pull the system off the wall or rip sensors out etc before he steals the property inside the house. To be honest here the anti tampering feature in my view is only of use for shops and office etc ir when having trades visit the property.

On other systems fair enough it will be a better system.  But for this set up i think its a bit over the top

Installers point of view its a great piece of kit.  From a home owners point of view it can be a hassle. 

I get it and its useto stop other trades messing etc but in practice how usefull is it? Unless you have a manision and a million pound in value of property inside and staff why really have?  

Still doesnt answer my problem with this system.  Are these wireless sensor known for any issues

I was told by one supplyer risco made a faulty batch and this was one of the issues that was reported? Any one else heard this? 

2 hours ago, karl taylor said:

I got thec code off him after kicking off with him.  But cost me 20 for the pleasure so he had the last laugh. Now jokes on me.

Depends. If he really was stupid enough to have one engineer code for all his systems, which he has just sold to you for the price of a large KFC....

Wow. If that's the case he has effectively just sold you a key to break into any property with his system in, and probably not the first time he's done that.

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Its a security system...

it sold as conforming to std part of that std requires anti tamper circuits,

if your the sort of person that lives alone, has no friends or guests visiting, never has any tradesmen ect in the house then the anti tamper feature on the sensor can easily be removed using a soldering to blob out the the switch on the pcb

If you have co. which does not maintain systems & sells the engineering code..... err I think you may be dealing with "S Hit Alarms Ltd;"

• Upvote 2

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Ok i leave anti tampers well alone. Just a thought.

Installer did not appreciate me ringing him abd texting him at 4 am when the shed one was playing up.

I asked him when he came to put a new engineer code in the system if my choice as its my alarm not his.  He has his own code for all the alarms he installs.

What happens if i move and the alarm installer system company is no longer trading. Total screwed then

I havent touched the system or messed with it,  

All i want to do now is sort this faulty sensor and fit a new one back on the system. 

2 hours ago, karl taylor said:

Installer did not appreciate me ringing him abd texting him at 4 am when the shed one was playing up.

w/o a maintenance contract its not like your paying him any income to be woken up at 4am, what do you expect?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God