Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Roller Door Contacts

The ones we are using are the cqr with locating tab, all wired and fitted as per instructions, yet when door is opened and closed sometimes go tamper o/c and sometimes masked. I have spoke to manufacturer and as I have said I am being told its latetal movement in the door, yet it comes down in guides aided by wheels running in the channel and there is very little movement. The magnet slots straight into the lining slot. I have two sites with issues and different doors, one site has 120 door contacts fitted, so not a small problem!

Ours are also cqr contacts and several times they have gone into tamper when they open the sectional doors, have replaced one three times, we have three other doors at the same site and not had any problems with them

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

• 5 months later...

Bit late to the thread so apologies, but a few years back we did have issues on our G3 RSC (YF10C).  They would be tested with a meter successfully pre-install, tested in situ successfully, then commissioned and handed over successfully.   Yet a random period later, they have gone into tamper (usually at 3am).  Cue phone calls to us, site visits (150 separate loading bays in large Distribution Depot) to inspect but no visible damage and RSC working perfectly well leading to much scratching of heads. 

Turned out that some of the concrete bays were steel reinforced (buried in concrete so not visible) and the Magnetic Interference Detection was being triggered due to natural variations in the magnetic field.   This led to the design, manufacture and supply of the 10mm thick rubber spacer in the video below.  This has alleviated every instance of this problem.

On 2/14/2017 at 22:17, MrHappy said:

I use Knights RSC, they appear to got rotten & fail much quick than they used to,

Hi MrHappy.  I will ask if we've changed the resin / compound used to seal the units recently and update the thread when I get an answer back.

Edited by spike27