Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Roller Door Contacts

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

You mean the tri-spoke gang?

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37648

P.s is this your car I spotted at the boot sale?

610b6efd5a0754a89db05f9897aad07e.jpg

WTF 4 door ? 

Orignal Colin McRae £375,000 https://www.motorsportauctions.com/category/329/Historic-Rally-Cars/listings/36108/MG-Metro-6R4-ex-Colin-McRae.html

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Bubble pricing with that £275k Audi, once the current generation of 40-50 somethings that era means something to are dead it'll be next to worthless, I'd say.

Same thing is happening with classic fruit machines, £2k for some 'classics' now, ten years ago I sold a mint 1985 machine for £1, cos that's what the market thought it was worth.

Nowadays same machine working, even in poor nick, £500

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

5 hours ago, norman said:

watched these in France in 2014

Always liked Giugiaro designed vehicles especially the Italian models all very boxy shaped but IMO had there charm.

There is a bubble at the moment for that era but if they last long enough to go beyond classic and become a rare classic in mint condition they will keep there value.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Always liked Giugiaro designed vehicles especially the Italian models all very boxy shaped but IMO had there charm.

There is a bubble at the moment for that era but if they last long enough to go beyond classic and become a rare classic in mint condition they will keep there value.

I'm not convinced that Generation Z will give a toss though? Now, that's not to say that just because I didn't covet a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost when I was 19, that

doesn't make it less valuable, I just can't imagine them meaning much to anyone alive.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I understand anti mask on detectors, Have seen magnets removed and stuck on contacts. But have never seen anyone attempt to introduce a foreign magnet  to a contact, which begs the question, are g3 contacts overkill especially with their reliability issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is an under lying issue with G3 contacts. I have spoke to 3 other installers in our area, all have issues and never got them reliable.

I have spoke to the manufacture we are using and have been told problems being caused by lateral movement......... you always get lateral movement in roller doors......come on guys give us something reliable or accept we cannot meet the standards.