Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Roller Door Contacts

Funnily enough yes...

we fitted two on a roller shutter over a week ago, this weekend we had a call out - tamper then high res within the same minute. Showing closed ever since. We have put it on soak test for now...

Strange - although I don't like the look of the tamper switch within elmdenes G3 junction box. Looks flimsy and unreliable IMO.

Edited by ElecTech
Changed manufacturer on JB

I had this too, so I bypassed the tamper loop part of the contact and no more problem, can only think that the loop isn't very good inside the contact, this is the pair of white wires that are there only for a tamper

Trade Member

Tamper loop is part of the interference reed circuit on most of the ones I have fitted.

I remember a thread a good while back, had issues with both CQR and Elmdene on one site, seemed to be environmental.

At least with the Elmdene there technical explained which colours did what so I could make interference reed trigger masked instead of tamper, you have no option with CQR.

Agreed, it makes sense for a few reasons, so I realised at the time.

a) You don't need to reset if you have a site with intermittent issues (as at G3 tamper should be eng reset)

b) It displays on the keypad and log as a separate event to a tamper, increasing your information for diagnosis.

c) Mask on most controls is above 10K, having this huge shunt resistance increases the threshold of any fluctuations from the reed.

37 minutes ago, Rubble1952 said:

Just to clarify then, are you saying rather than use the tamper loop of the contact just use the mask part, does this still meet g3 requirement?

No

We only use elmdene, only had faults like this with handed contacts until we swapped

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I've had a CQR RSD (only Grade 2) go faulty after about 6 years, light use, never driven over, just became unreliable - though always at 3/4AM!

Changed it for an Elmdene 3 years back and nothing since.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

19 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I've had a CQR RSD (only Grade 2) go faulty after about 6 years, light use, never driven over, just became unreliable - though always at 3/4AM!

Changed it for an Elmdene 3 years back and nothing since.

You impact driver on it first time

I've seen lots of inside jobs. Often removed and sellotape together from the office is preferred. Clear lacquer and white spray paint on sensors. Usually though cause a reason to fail set. Must just be brum

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

50 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I've seen lots of inside jobs. Often removed and sellotape together from the office is preferred. Clear lacquer and white spray paint on sensors. Usually though cause a reason to fail set. Must just be brighton

Y Brighton?

lol, I've also seen lots of inside work to circumnavigate detection, from school kids tampering an IR220 and putting a bit of text book in the lens to deliberate blocking of beams to force a fail to set in a tyre place and cctv proving the alarm was set after the pc was removed and window broken etc etc etc 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.