Security Installer Community

UNIVIEW Kit

LE5538

Hi All,

Have got a contract in the UK to install a high-end large residential IP CCTV system. Am just trying to settle on a brand and one of my suppliers (CCTV Direct) here in the UK stocks UNIVIEW kit. I understand this is very high-end kit and the specs are impressive and fits the bill for the design I have created. However, I cannot seem to find much in the way of user/installer reviews. Anyone used it and can give me a heads up?

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks,

Alex

3 hours ago, LE5538 said:

Hi All,

Have got a contract in the UK to install a high-end large residential IP CCTV system. Am just trying to settle on a brand and one of my suppliers (CCTV Direct) here in the UK stocks UNIVIEW kit. I understand this is very high-end kit and the specs are impressive and fits the bill for the design I have created. However, I cannot seem to find much in the way of user/installer reviews. Anyone used it and can give me a heads up?

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks,

Alex

What brand did you spec in the contract?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Let's be honest where was hik back in the day , you never know where uniview be in the future , all hik installers might be givin it +1 

Your all blaggers 

Edited by al-yeti
To much blag

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Filipe Andrade said:

Uniview another brand that you could compare like Hikvision/Dahua

Hik and Dahua are a slightly different league from Uniview. I would go as far to say Hik and Dahua are a mid range product, Uniview is more base product bit like Floureon or Swan 

36 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Hik and Dahua are a slightly different league from Uniview. I would go as far to say Hik and Dahua are a mid range product, Uniview is more base product bit like Floureon or Swan 

You think so ? You seen some of there better kit? Otherwise agree swann floureon 

Hik and dahua both have a base line kit just like uniview , I don't use any of the stuff though except hik anpr which in terms of cost and product is better than others 

I dont rate any of the the Uniview kit that I have seen. That said I have some very old system q stuff that is rebadged Hik that I would have rated quite poor at the time compared with the likes of Mobotix and Axis which was what I was installing top end at the time. There is a market for cheap end CCTV and if you look how far Hik have come because they sold cheap tat, there is always room for another cheaper brand for Sony to sell their seconds too.

• 4 weeks later...