Security Installer Community

Roller Shutter Doors Via Rela

Mattmasters

2 hours ago, Mattmasters said:

Well thanks for all the help guys.. glad to see everyone is so helpful.. merry Christmas all

I think that people can be a little more helpful, however, I fully accept that as someone who feels they are ready for SSAIB / NSI Silver, the level of questions

you are asking are a little worrying, and should be basic knowledge for at least the 'lead technician' in any such approved company.

What you do not want to do is try something out, that you haven't done before, on a live, real customer.

Here is a great book on electronics, relays, diodes, etc..., and before you click, NO, I'm not joking, it's how I got started, albeit as a kid, but the book is great for any age;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Electronics-Basic-Guide-Beasant/dp/0860208095/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1482522212&sr=8-20&keywords=usborne+electronics

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Dont **** about with the mains to the roller shutter, the roller shutter should have a stop input for a safety beam. If it doesn't have a stop input for a safety beam its a dangerous pile of ***** that you dont want to get involved in anyway, machinery directive means prison time and an anus like a yawning hippopotamus's mouth when it goes wrong.

Edited by petrolhead
  • Upvote 2