Security Installer Community

Remote veiwing

alarmcom

Can anyone explain or offer me a copy specification about how and what i am supposed to state on my contract to cover me due to poor remote viewing.

i have a customer who has very poor internet. The cctv pictures from the NVR are good, but when they remote view the quality is poor and the dwell or even freezing isnt acceptable.

I have stated that this is due to poor internet but they say they were not told that this could happen.

5 hours ago, alarmcom said:

Can anyone explain or offer me a copy specification about how and what i am supposed to state on my contract to cover me due to poor remote viewing.

i have a customer who has very poor internet. The cctv pictures from the NVR are good, but when they remote view the quality is poor and the dwell or even freezing isnt acceptable.

I have stated that this is due to poor internet but they say they were not told that this could happen.

good point. We don't but as you say should. What does your manufacturer say? Id start from there.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well I must admit that I dont have any statements relating to the speed of ADSL and remote view, but I would have thought that it common sense.Just like no ADSL no remote view But I would show them the CCTV over the LAN to prove that there is nothing wrong with your kit, and tell them that if they had told you that they were still using dialup then you would have explained that it would not work.

How far do you go with it though? I had a customer who put some pir flood lights in after we fitted the CCTV and then complained that the cameras couldnt see at night anymore, when the engineer played back the recordings for night the lights were opposite the camera and just filled the picture. I could add a caveat about lighting but I dont think I will ever come across anyone that stupid again,  same with ADSL, but it has happened to me yet, I may add a line that says the quality of remote view is dependant on the speed and quality of your BB service.   

Basic blag like no guarantees live view or remote playback will always work, and expect delays , allot won't say it at point of sale incase they lose the sale

Bit like diallers , having no dial tone, or gsm units losing there signal, all this stuff does weird things especially unmonitored stuff that house bashers put in , but just tell em they can pay more for different services then they will be quiet