Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Questions

37 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Thanks but there is no god given right to be hand-held through the settings, neither from the manufacturer, who provides training courses for professional installers,

nor from us. Plenty of help has been given, and I hope you get it working, but, as Yeti said an alarm is much like a ZX Spectrum; 'don't worry, you cannot break

the machine itself by incorrect programming'. Have a play, make changes, see what happens, if it doesn't work, put it back to how it was. That's why Wintex is so useful.

Datadiffusion, I never said that I have a God-given right.  All I'm asking for is only one person to tell me which settings to enable/disable on wintex.  I don't mind posting the screen shots again, just in case I've missed or made a change that I'm unaware of and for someone to check and tell me if what I'm doing wrong. 

FYI, I've already backed up the alarm settings and tried a changing settings, but have had no luck. 

2 hours ago, Newbietexecom24 said:

Datadiffusion, I never said that I have a God-given right.  All I'm asking for is only one person to tell me which settings to enable/disable on wintex.  I don't mind posting the screen shots again, just in case I've missed or made a change that I'm unaware of and for someone to check and tell me if what I'm doing wrong. 

FYI, I've already backed up the alarm settings and tried a changing settings, but have had no luck. 

Don't be sensitive we have alarm monkeys for that, get setting and set unset and report back

Okay, so I followed Mark's instructions and edited & saved the settings in wintex.  

I scanned the fob.  

It asks do u want to arm?

I chose part-arm

It asks suite A or B

I chose A

It now wants me to exit the front door in order to activate the alarm

But I'm trying to set it up so that I can activate it at night, i.e. front door needs to remain closed.

Hi , I'd default the panel and start again. Don't bother with two areas or Area Arm Suites. Everything in area A. Landing Part 1 Omit. Keypad Quickset on. Hall Guard Access. Part Arm Silent. What can go wrong? Press Part then yes at night. Landing will be off, Hall will be Entry. Jim

2 hours ago, Jim Randle said:

Hi , I'd default the panel and start again. Don't bother with two areas or Area Arm Suites. Everything in area A. Landing Part 1 Omit. Keypad Quickset on. Hall Guard Access. Part Arm Silent. What can go wrong? Press Part then yes at night. Landing will be off, Hall will be Entry. Jim

Second that.

No point complicating things as previous.

• Upvote 1

Connect to the panel, Click on Receive and choose Receive All (Data &Log). Any PIRs that are between the entry doors and the keypad or stairs and keypad should be Guard Access. Any that need to be off at night Part 1 Omit. You could click on Accounts and Backup Account Data. Then post the backed up account for us to look at. Jim