Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Questions

Thank you Mrhappy.  As you can see, I've updated it and now when I arm the alarm and press the "PART" button on the keypad. Normally I would get the choice menu which would allow me to choose Bed alarm 1, but now I get the choice of Suite01.ArmArea A.  After choosing this, there is no timer countdown at all.  Instead I have to open and close the front door to activate the alarm.

area1.jpg20161116_220116.jpg

Thank you sixwheeledbeast.  On prev page, where I've posted the Area3 screenshot, it already is Timed Exit.  

Also you say you wouldn't use the Area Arm suites, but this is now becoming confusing, because I'm not sure which options need to be enabled/disabled as I've got two different advises..

Could I please ask u a big favour?  Using all the screenshots that I've posted, could you please draw or at least clearly explain PER screenshot what you want me to change, enable or disable.

You could check the "Quick Arm is On" in the keypad options menu. With the landing PIR attribute "Part 1 Omit" checked. Then you can part set by pressing Part then Yes on the keypad without using a tag or PIN. The hall is already Guard Access so it will be entry in part set. Jim

• Upvote 1

@datadiffusion - Phew! You got me worried as I thought you were serious mate :D

@Jim Randle - Thanks Jim.  The problem I have is that I've now got mixed up with the settings that I've already been told by sixwheeledbeast and mrhappy, so I'm not sure what to leave on and what not to.

I'd be ever so grateful if someone could maybe get the screenshots I've already posted and draw with arrows, what to leave on and off?

looking at your screenshots i would do the following:

*uncheck "entry exit 2" on your hallway 

*turn off auto part arm on areas A and B

*turn on "part arm silent" for area A

*change your area arm type from timed to entry/exit

when arming, enter code (or fob without auto yes), press part, press yes. 

See how you go with that

1 hour ago, secureiam said:

very helpful guys, poor guy is probably really confused now.

You on crack?ers?

Pictures are above start ticking boxes and posting geezer , I don't use texecom either

@mark auto QA - Thank you, I will give these settings a try and let you know how I get on.

@al-yeti - If manuals were as easy as you think, I don't think there would be a need for forums like these as a lot of people would be able to resolve issues without assistance.  I have been as pro-active as possible by providing screenshots and as much info as possible.  Some people have certainly tried to help me, to which I'm very grateful, but I've got mixed up with the settings along the way.

@secureiam - Thank you very much.  It seems your the only person who understands what I'm trying to ask.  All I want is one person whom knows about these alarms to guide me screen-by-screen, explaining which options to enable/disable.

@datadiffusion - At least you've tried to help, unlike some who'd rather sit on the fence to mock and criticise.

Thanks but there is no god given right to be hand-held through the settings, neither from the manufacturer, who provides training courses for professional installers,

nor from us. Plenty of help has been given, and I hope you get it working, but, as Yeti said an alarm is much like a ZX Spectrum; 'don't worry, you cannot break

the machine itself by incorrect programming'. Have a play, make changes, see what happens, if it doesn't work, put it back to how it was. That's why Wintex is so useful.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands