Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Questions

Morning everyone,

With it now being darker, I've got to be more security conscious than before and think about family safety, especially with high burglary rates around our area.

My main goal is to somehow enable the alarm to be activated at night-time, so that if someone breaks in downstairs, then the alarm triggers.  My current setup is 3 pirs in living/kitchen rooms and 1 in hallway, which is also where the keypad is located.  I also have a pir detector on the upstairs landing.  All of the alarm settings can be controlled with my pc as I have wintex installed and it's networked to the alarm.

Here is the dilemma:- 

1. If we enable the keypad from downstairs, then once the alarm is activated, the landing pir will trigger if there is movement.  So firstly I want to be able to disable this pir for the night, so that family can still use bathroom.  

2. How can I disable the alarm via the keypad, when we wake up in the morning, without triggering the hallway pir?

Thank you for your help

He uses the name 'giraffe' now...

What you need to do is make the hallway detector act as 'entry exit' at night, so that during the day, with the alarm set if someone comes in through a window etc... it causes or confirms an alarm,

but at night, i.e. when you come down in the morning, it only starts the entry/exit timer as if you had just come in the front door so you can enter your code / fob.

As you have wintex this should be very simple, but I don't really fit texecom so will leave the fine details to our David Attenborough hating, TSI native wildlife.

My only caveat would be, how young are the (I assume) kids, do they currently use the alarm, will they be going down the stairs in the AM and not knowing what to do with the alarm?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I am thinking of setting up a 090 technical number, what do you reckon Al?...

Anyway, how you program this would be dependant on a front door contact.

You haven't mentioned if you have one so Hall will be Entry and Landing would be off in part set.

In this configuration you can walk about on the landing and then the timer will start upon entering the hall. This would also be the same if a burglar entered the hall BTW.

Have you installed you own system or are you just querying if it's possible for an installer to do?

We are also assuming you have a Texecom Premier 24 from your username but you haven't actually named what panel or how old it is.

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your help.  Sorry I forgot to mention that I also have a detector on the door.  I set this alarm up myself, but with a lot of help from a friend, whom is now not available as he's gone abroad.

I have some understanding, but not adept at using wintex, other than to change code etc.

What I've done though to help you guys is attach 3 screenshots of wintex, showing the Front Door (Door Contact), Hallway & Landing settings.  

I hope this helps, but if you require any other info, then please let me know.

Thank you.

PS. I'VE BLACKED OUT THE REST OF THE ZONES

fd.jpghw.jpgld.jpg

Edited by Newbietexecom24

Thanks for that.  So other than enabling Part 1 Omit for the Landing sensor, do I need to change any of the other settings on the remaining sensors?

What is Part 1 Omit btw?

Also I don't use a code as I have a fob to scan.  But the way it's setup is that as soon as it's scanned, the alarm starts it's countdown, i.e. no options.  This is because the missus doesn't know how to use it and was setup for her.  I'm sometimes out due to work reasons for a few days every month, so she has to use it.  I know this is a bit of a long-shot, but is there any way that it automatically can detect by the time that it needs to part-arm for the bed?

Hi...

you could make this 'idiot proof' by adding a smart key. You would also need a wireless expander, seems overkill but means you can full set, unset and part set from your bedroom meaning you wouldn't need to go downstairs to unset. Other than that unsetting with a prox fob there aren't many other ways to make it easier. 

@sixwheeledbeast - But the alarm is set to auto arm as soon as the fob is scanned, so I don't get a choice to choose part or full as I think it automatically sets it to full arm.  I've tried it after enabling   Part 1 Omit, but it still triggers off.  Also in order to actually arm it once the alarm fob has been scanned, I have to open the front door and then close it.  This is the only time the alarm then fully-arms. 

@al-yeti - LOL!  I only blanked stuff, because I just wasn't sure what was okay to post...sorry

@Danny May - Problem with wireless extender is you have to always leave the internet on, but we turn ours off.

A wireless expander has nothing to do with WiFi. but is an expensive option for what you need.

As an aside there is little point in switching your WiFi off you are possibly stopping equipment in your home from updating etc.

Have you tried it with Auto Part Arm on? If you can't get Auto Part Arm to work you will have to switch off Auto Yes on the fobs to use the part set.

Morning everyone, thank you for your replies.

I have 3 users setup - MASTER USER, MYSELF & WIFE.

Although my missus's fob is auto arm, mine isn't.  I used mine to do the same thing, but it hasn't worked.  I have an idea....Rather than play about with the current users, I suggest that we setup a brand-new user called BED-TIME and then set it up totally dedicated for arming the alarm at night.  Is this possible and if so, can you please guide me?

Thank you.

Thanks sixwheelbeast and al-yeti.  I followed your instructions to the dot.  It still doesn't work.  I've even disabled the auto function on the missus phone to see if this would resolve the issue, but it doesn't.

FYI, when I scan the prox fob, I then choose BED ARM 1.  The alarm is then wanting me to open and close the exit door, so that it assumes the user has walked out of the house.  I do this and once it's armed, as soon as I walk past the Hallway sensor, it triggers off.  I don't even get to the landing.