Security Installer Community

Abacus system TRBL POWER fault

Titch007

Hi all,

Another issue with my alarm. On searching on the forum, I understand that a TRBL POWER fault on the DA system Abacus is due to a faulty battery. Just wondering if I remove the cover to find out what battery to get, will all hell break lose? I've not reset the system or set it as I fear the internal sounder will just go off for hours. I just moved into this property and been left with no manuals etc. I have no engineer codes either, just the master code. 

I'm assuming that if I undo the cover on the box, a tamper fault will register. Do I just switch the battery and reset the system with the master code? Or is this a job for the professionals? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Titch

2 hours ago, Titch007 said:

Hi all,

Another issue with my alarm. On searching on the forum, I understand that a TRBL POWER fault on the DA system Abacus is due to a faulty battery. Just wondering if I remove the cover to find out what battery to get, will all hell break lose? I've not reset the system or set it as I fear the internal sounder will just go off for hours. I just moved into this property and been left with no manuals etc. I have no engineer codes either, just the master code. 

I'm assuming that if I undo the cover on the box, a tamper fault will register. Do I just switch the battery and reset the system with the master code? Or is this a job for the professionals? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Titch

Trbl Power is also the message for AC fail. Try to set the system with the master code then unset the system and if it is AC failure and the AC has restored the panel will be reset.

Thanks for the responses guys.

So I'll definitely need a engineer code to change the battery even though I have the master?

I managed to download a copy of the Abacus manual and it said if it was an AC fault the code TRBL SUPPLY. I reset the system. The TRBL power code disappeared but after 5mins the interval bell went off again with the same fault code.

The box is metal. Has anyone got any idea which battery is standard or best?

1 hour ago, Amps said:

Trbl Power is also the message for AC fail. Try to set the system with the master code then unset the system and if it is AC failure and the AC has restored the panel will be reset.

Im sure it says trbl mains if its mains 

What you mean interval bell?

You mean it just started beeping on internal speaker with the high tone?

That will be the battery 

You got nothing to lose , just put new battery in , if it's engineer reset you will have to call someone out , ask them to make it user reset 

Its constantly recharging, it is powering your alarm, and the mains is charging it. After four years the cells breakdown and they are no longer able to hold the charge. Hence why the panel was reporting power trouble. Leaving replacement longer eventually kills the charging circuit of the control panel and replacing the battery doesnt fix the fault (Well it does for a few hours/days)

29 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Its constantly recharging, it is powering your alarm, and the mains is charging it. After four years the cells breakdown and they are no longer able to hold the charge. Hence why the panel was reporting power trouble. Leaving replacement longer eventually kills the charging circuit of the control panel and replacing the battery doesnt fix the fault (Well it does for a few hours/days) dwd

What he means to say is it might be too late, not always the case though, so a new battery is worth a try (p.s no idea why this is a quote - it keeps happening on Chrome though, can't be deleted and you can't put normal text below and is getting very annoying)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands