Security Installer Community

Chubb Delta 6 vs ADT Rapier G3S

Hi, 

I have the choice of a 10year old (but never installed) Chubb Delta 6 sounder or a 2 week old rapier g3s (not 100% on model) branded ADT. This will be mounted externally 'mid floor' 2 of a 3 storey house (i.e. no special protection for the elements and not directly under the eaves). 

Both boxes are complete and the delta 6 has the metal iinternal cover. 

The sounder will be fitted to a Galaxy Dimension 96 panel (don't need the zones, just the two rs485 buses and 'links' for home automation).

Obviously the ADT branded Rapier sounder is native to a Honeywell system.

What are your thoughts? A quick inspection shows open terminal block in the delta 6 vs enclosed connections on the rapier, conventional strobe on delta 6 vs LED strobe on rapier. 

Are burglars more scared of one box than the other :)

Thanks for your time

Adam

Thanks lymebayalarms appreciate your opinion!

Tbh based on looks I quite like the rapier too - the only bit that puts me off is that I think it's counterfeit (albeit a good one) - the rapier isn't screen printed, the ADT logo is clearly a sticker - not sure how it would last in the elements.... although for all I know - maybe all ADT rapiers are branded with stickers!

5 hours ago, chrisbaxter said:

With very few exceptions (like the new Eaton ones, and ancient Risco ones although even they operate[d] in universal mode as well) sounders are 100% universal

A SAB type sounder has a 12v permanent supply, inputs for bell and strobe, possible a volt-free 'fault' relay if G3, and something to show the tamper switch is closed, which could be a plain

switch through which usually 0V is fed up one side of.

Neither are made by the panel manufacturer so the choice of the two will have nothing to do with it being 'native' or otherwise.

I would fit the rapier as it's a well made sounder, looks the business even if the sticker one day falls off, and get £70 cashback on the Chubb from ebay, tbh

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

9 minutes ago, norman said:

The rapier is screen printed, I've never seen one with a sticker. 

agree, its probably an eBay special like the Ventcroft dummy based 'Chubbs' on there for £10

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

19 hours ago, chrisbaxter said:

14 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

With very few exceptions (like the new Eaton ones, and ancient Risco ones although even they operate[d] in universal mode as well) sounders are 100% universal

My bad sorry - I meant branded ADT rapier generally found on honeywell akin to a branded chubb delta 6 on guardall.

Thanks for you opinions on what must seem like a really trivial subject - I've never given bells that much of a thought before!

Initially I'd selected the Chubb one as my forerunner, this was based on it being screen printed and a bit different (in my opinion). Taking all of your very welcome feedback onboard - I will be going with the Rapier. 

Thanks again!

On 07/11/2016 at 5:30 PM, chrisbaxter said:

Thanks lymebayalarms appreciate your opinion!

Tbh based on looks I quite like the rapier too - the only bit that puts me off is that I think it's counterfeit (albeit a good one) - the rapier isn't screen printed, the ADT logo is clearly a sticker - not sure how it would last in the elements.... although for all I know - maybe all ADT rapiers are branded with stickers!

The ADT rapier is screen printed although many we're supplied blank mainly for some of the banks. 

I would go with the rapier I think it looks a bit classier.