Security Installer Community

Floureon CCTV home system power supply issues

You need to check that the power supplies are working. If the new camera was faulty or you accidentally shorted the cable, this could have blown all three supplies. With a multi meter you will be able to tell what voltage if any is coming from the supplies.

You lose current through cable, you should cut the cable to length rather than having excess coiled up. 

Great, thanks.

So in theory, if I just buy a new power supply, what should I be buying to safely run all 8 cameras? And should this solve the issue rather than worrying about the other power units?

Is there any way for all 8 cameras to have been damaged or the DVR itself? Or is it more likely to be purely the power supply issue?

I would normally allow 1amp per camera, so a 2amp psu will run 2 cameras.  But first you need to check if the existing PSU's are working because if theyre not you need to find out what caused them to stop working. Before you fit any new ones 

No bother. Based on my limited ability and understanding of all things electronic, would you suggest getting someone in to have a look at it then? I can buy a multi meter but the reality is I'm not really going to have a clue what caused them to fail, if that is the case.

13 minutes ago, the_italian said:

No bother. Based on my limited ability and understanding of all things electronic, would you suggest getting someone in to have a look at it then? I can buy a multi meter but the reality is I'm not really going to have a clue what caused them to fail, if that is the case.

Probably best, an engineer should find your problem quite quickly 

just side point , where are the psu's plugged in make sure there is mains present, plug something else there to make sure , unless of course the dvr is there so you know its working etc

16 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Probably best, an engineer should find your problem quite quickly 

replace dvr?