Security Installer Community

360° Pyronix PIR?

Guest livewire

Guest livewire

Would you recommend using Pyronix 360° (or any other 360° PIR) ceiling mounted PIR

in kitchen / dinining room as per my attached sketch here.

I am very limited to positions where I could mount normal PIR ie. 2 corners are facing big Patio door (2.5m wide) , corner next to patio door has high vertical radiator below and the last corner has very high kitchen cabinets below it.

In addition there will be a door contact on the Patio door.

GNfloor.bmp

No problem using a 360 where you've stated provide it doesn't have to conform to DD243 (overlapping areas). We use the Optex FX35

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

No problem using a 360 where you've stated provide it doesn't have to conform to DD243 (overlapping areas). We use the Optex FX35

29177[/snapback]

Lovely detectors the optex's, better than the Pyronix 360° any day.

The Pyronix 360° were a good detector, but have had several f/a problems with them recently.

I Don't know if it's a batch fault or a general manufacturing problem but I ended up taking them out and putting Rokonet RK-150T's (dual tech 360°) in instead.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest livewire

Thanks for your views lads!

Apology I was not very clear which particular model is in question - this is Pyronix Octopus Super 360° Interlocking Quad Element Digital Ceiling Mount PIR Detector - are you talking about F/A-s for this particular model?

rgds

Apology I was not very clear which particular model is in question - this is Pyronix Octopus Super 360° Interlocking Quad Element Digital Ceiling Mount PIR Detector - are you talking about F/A-s for this particular model?

rgds

29226[/snapback]

Yes - I have had a few cause regular FAs on me.

OPTEX. OPTEX. OPTEX. Need I say more???

rgds

29226[/snapback]

Yup, that's the one,

I fitted a few of them to replace several older one's that had started f/a ing and sure enough, every other night since they were replaced they triggered, the previous octopus 360's had been in for years and had caused no problems at all, says a lot for the recent quality of the equipment...

I'll never fit another one, that's for sure.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Whilst on the topic with regard to Optex has anyone been using the MX40QZ. Got a couple in to try but have not fitted them yet

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived