Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

Most decent installers will monitor false alarms and subsequent root cause, this would then lead to product sourcing.

Most others just buy the cheapest...

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess scale is a key part - if you aren't fitting many (on your own or as a larger company) then your experience will be minimal when compared. 

My methodology here in lieu of experience has been exactly as you have said ,six...same looks but also same brand to maintain continuity. I don't know enough to know whether different brands are compatible and how to remedy if they aren't - figure I'll remove that problem from the equation.

On another note - how many idiots on Ebay trying to flog Elite remote panels for £200! A child could google that and find the entire range around the £120 mark (guessing a lot less for trade).

I've just read through the installation notes after having them emailed to me by Texecom (also on the software CD apparently - yet to venture). 

It seems a bit of homework is required regarding the zones and the final settings. I have a front door which will have a contact, leading to hallway PIR where the keypad is situated, these would obviously need -Entry/Exit zone type with Access attribute. The rear door which gets used on occasion requires secondary Entry/Exit with Access attribute (PIR in kitchen where this back door leads will be off unless on full arm which will be rare). The rest of the house would be set to Guard with guard attribute - the variable being the zones included in the daytime or night time part arm.

It also looks like the zones default to certain parameters when adding Ricochet devices and various other wired additions - gather as long as I keep tabs on these in my plans when programming, there's no great benefit in reassigning them in numerical order (if possible).

3 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

On another note - how many idiots on Ebay trying to flog Elite remote panels for £200! A child could google that and find the entire range around the £120 mark (guessing a lot less for trade).

There a bit meh but I can buy Honeywell sensors via EBay at s much better price than any trade a/c I hold.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

I've just read through the installation notes after having them emailed to me by Texecom (also on the software CD apparently - yet to venture). 

Always makes me laugh at the money they spend supporting the DIY who have yet to make a purchase or are making a one off purchase

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

4 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

(guessing a lot less for trade).

Ebay seller has sold 8 & has 8 reminding-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VANDERBILT-SIEMENS-BEWATOR-K42-DIGITAL-KEYPAD-/272408460271?hash=item3f6ccf3bef:g:-~MAAOSw8w1X4SeT

For the prize of a shiny of rep point....whats the price difference between The £55 for new inc P&P from Ebay & the valid for 14 days only 44% discount I have on a flyer ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Quoted for a site with high staff turnover & expensive kit, now true I was there as they didn't need approved as site manned 24/7, but for access they insisted on that exact bloody codelock, would not budge or listen to anything I had to say about prox, benefits of tag per person, casual timekeeping etc...

Glad I didn't get the (mostly intruder for the office block) job TBH.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

13 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

14 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Always makes me laugh at the money they spend supporting the DIY who have yet to make a purchase or are making a one off purchase

I suppose it's the way of the world - more information available than ever before to do DIY - if they don't do this, another firm will - now if the whole industry (suppliers) stood together, it may preserve things, but lets face it, most suppliers/manufacturers are just looking for growth at any cost. 

13 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Ebay seller has sold 8 & has 8 reminding-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VANDERBILT-SIEMENS-BEWATOR-K42-DIGITAL-KEYPAD-/272408460271?hash=item3f6ccf3bef:g:-~MAAOSw8w1X4SeT

For the prize of a shiny of rep point....whats the price difference between The £55 for new inc P&P from Ebay & the valid for 14 days only 44% discount I have on a flyer ?

That does look a tad too commercial  - but thanks ;) How many other brands can i look at for this, are the connections generally the same?

13 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You need to look at the "Guard Access" type for hallways.

£23.50?

Noted.... £23.50 for what?