Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you bought your lead from ebay there is a very high chance it isn't really FTDI even if it says it is - or even if your computer says it is!

CPC sell genuine FTDI modules (basically a USB plug on a tiny PCB with 3 solder terminals) for TTL type use, or of course there is the genuine texe item as above.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Looking into this further via several really interesting blogs https://gw0udm.wordpress.com/category/texecom/page/2/ - it appears that my lead may well be 100% compatible - before i try to knock up a similar TTL-FTDI module-cable - I am going to try again on a different laptop. Do the easiest things first.... 

Fingers crossed.....

I've also had a tiny bit of success with the remote access. Using the NoIP port checker i discovered my port was open from the outside and that upon using their configurator, I managed to get remote access! however only once....i then tried again several times and it wouln't connect again. Ran config on NoIP again and again i got it working once. I've since tried a different port to no great effect... stumped! Tried resetting the SKY router to factory settings then reloading the backup file - nothing....It works as I've connected my DVR via Ethernet this weekend and port forward that, with success. So next will be to take a couple of hours off from the day job and call Texecom to hopefully go through it with a fine tooth comb.  

....and we have a third update, I'm sure your all sat on the edge of your seats waiting for this - after going through the panel with Texecom, and reverting back to the standard port and adjusting the gateway to end 000, instead of .255. All is working on the app remotely. Relieved is an understatement as well as being slightly annoyed with myself that something so simple could remedy. 

Whilst on the call i asked about the firmware issue and got a small tip about the heartbeat light going out once the board has been reset properly - indicating it was ready to receive the update, and also about making sure the plug is inserted the correct way around on the panel! The panel plug doesn't have anything to ensure it cannot be inserted upside down - what felt like the natural position was infact wrong. I now have V3 on the panel :) Now I hope this V4 and new app isn't too far behind B))

Massive thanks to Rob at Texecom tech support for all his and his colleagues help. 

I would also like to say a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me out on here - I have a feeling you know this already, but i really could not have got this far without you all - special thanks to SWB, James, Al and Data (sorry if I've missed anyone). I don't want this to sound condescending, but i really have a new found respect for alarm engineers - i started out this job thinking how hard can it be having fitted what i now know, basic alarms previously! I am fully aware that i have only touched the surface of what you guys do but seriously - HUGE respect is due - especially given the additional complexities that are being added all the time, it must be extremely difficult staying on top of it all then rocking up at someones house knowing exactly what you are doing. 

I hope this thread goes some way to helping others on future installations - at the very least it may stop someone asking a silly question :D

Tim

1 hour ago, 1animal1 said:

I don't want this to sound condescending, but i really have a new found respect for alarm engineers - i started out this job thinking how hard can it be having fitted what i now know, basic alarms previously! I am fully aware that i have only touched the surface of what you guys do but seriously - HUGE respect is due - especially given the additional complexities that are being added all the time, it must be extremely difficult staying on top of it all then rocking up at someones house knowing exactly what you are doing. 

I hope this thread goes some way to helping others on future installations - at the very least it may stop someone asking a silly question :D

Tim

Well done, bear in mind most engineers would have been expected to complete that job in 8 hours too ;)

Nice to get some respect for a change.

I wouldn't expect them to rush the firmware out, I wouldn't worry about updating either unless V4 had extra feature you need.

• Upvote 1