Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

16 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

I'm not sure where this encryption menu is? I've looked through most of the settings, read the installation manual... I can't see where to admit this information? Even the third party app doesn't ask for this info.

As an aside, I have carried out some testing today to ensure the part alarms work. All good... I found that I get phone remote notifications when the alarm is set, and when certain instances happen. 

I have also found that the internal siren won't reset easily without the engineer code when exiting without closing the door within the allowed time.. therefore creating an exit fault stopping the alarm from setting. Must be a tick box somewhere to resolve?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would i check that?

I've just changed the IP - no difference. When i do a test call and go through Wintex or the app on the LAN, COM1 switches to online and i get full control.... when i turn wifi off the phone, com1 still goes to online but the dot remains pink.... it's talking to it but refusing to send data, so the problem must be with the alarm. 

I'm doing all this on the remote panel which shouldn't matter should it?

What about UDL options? I have M&D ticked - tried without and no difference

Am i right in saying you cannot flash the new firmware via the Texecom flash board to a 24W? I have read it on a previous post but there appears to be the firmware available on the upload selection.... I am also getting an error message saying the board isn't communicating properly - despite having followed the instructions to the letter and having updated my drivers

No, it's older (ancient) versions that can't either be flashed at all (no port) or past a certain version (not enough RAM/EEPROM space) that you might have read about.

Any Premier should be fine, AFAIK.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands