Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

Hmmm, if they insisted it was never fitted, makes you wonder what else they lied about tbh though.

This does take us back to the old 'would you buy a 2nd hand parachute' debate I suppose.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, datadiffusion said:

Someone who sold a Nightforce Black Capri Ghia in 1987 and is just emptying the garage, I'd say

One positive... There won't be another like it :o

I'll find out tomorrow if it's the bargain I thought when it gets wired in! Wish me luck

2 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Hmmm, if they insisted it was never fitted, makes you wonder what else they lied about tbh though.

This does take us back to the old 'would you buy a 2nd hand parachute' debate I suppose.

It's worth the risk at that I reckon... If not, bit of eBay protection possibly (chance it given the rebuff!)... And bad feedback... Worst case, £23 lost   

27 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Hmm, a keypad is well, a keypad, slightly different to a parachute imho.

I'm on it Al! :D

Just want to check im not going to make a silly mistake. These two wired pirs... I've set them for Eol wiring. Presume from the below I wire alarm, tamper and then the power to the + - terminals on the network.... And leave fta and rled

20161112_085747.jpg

Edited by 1animal1

Yep built in Eol. I bought the correct resistors just in case.... 

Just putting everything in place to add this final part to the system. Then to configure the ip

Currently no errors after looping off the bell aux, and turning the battery to on in the wired box. 

And the latest... IP up and running, just need to link it to the app. Although no huge rush due to the app being a bit rubbish by all accounts. I'm also getting a bit of drop out when connecting remotely on the LAN. 

Remote keypad installed along with two wired pirs. Only issue was the 4k2 mode, neither would detect so I moved them back to default Eol as per texecom spec... Problem resolved.

Only issue now is not being able to get the front door chime working. It's turned on in options, volume up but still no chime.... Wondering if it's part of the  area options. I also need to check all part sets without setting the sirens off.... Will hold off mode allow me to do this?

Thanks chaps

Will attempt the bell later.

Regards the hold off... I have a wired and wireless bell, so the trigger removal would only cure half the problem. I'm sure I'll be able to get the parts tested on Saturday day with a few short alarms. 

Thanks swb, door chime working a treat. 

Lyme... Due to the hassle of getting the ladders out again. Think I'm going to go for a soak test during the day to spot any major issues whilst I'm at work, then do some midday Saturday testing of the part arms... It won't take many trips of the part arm to suss out it all works as programmed :)

I've also since turned off the function that means an engineer can only reset any alarm trips... Adjusted timers and clock... Anything else I should be looking at that's glaringly obvious?

Other than that I think I'm getting there! The IP I can use fully remotely on the LAN via laptop or app (whilst on the WiFi network). I started setting up the ARC and created an account but unsure what use this will be once they've sorted their app out? 

Speaking of which, can't connect remotely by the app yet so might have to revisit the port forwarding - 99% it's set right... More playing required.  

Read up about port scanners like nmap or there are web ones.

I believe you will be able to copy the setup details into the new app and job done.

The app maybe be more flaky if the COM-IP can't connect to the web.

Make sure you have correctly followed ALL the instructions for the COM-IP they are tricky to setup for some, I know "engineers" that struggle with them.

Use SIA and SIA Text for ARC config for best push results.

I'll go through the instructions again - I've gone through Wintex and then checked through the panel. Only thing I can't guess is the gateway... Iv4 gateway suggests end .0 and LAN gateway .255 at the end... I've tried both to no avail. Will also look into the port scanner

I gather arc is entirely different to the app? Will I likely need it if the new app lives up to expectation?