Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone in through the zone learn to check that (zone 9), and it still shows as being free... is this the best place to check? 

I'll attempt the delete procedure later when I'm home just in case. 

Edited by 1animal1

Will do - when i go to Zone setup and scroll back, it starts in the mid twenties and I'm 99% sure they are all free - I'll check that too though. Whilst in the learning mode I've tried several PIR's and Door contact just in case the device was at fault. Am I right to press the learn button on the pir as the battery goes in and then release? and also short the pins on the door contact until it's been learnt?

Haven't got my lead through yet for the Ricochet software...  

cheers swb...That's music to my ears! :D

I've programmed the names in, just trying to work out how to assign singular zones to two separate part arms. Eg the downstairs pirs in the living room and kitchen need omitting for part arm 1 + 2.... Where as attribute 2 only allows kyou to select one or the other...     

Hoping this is much easier on wintex once my lead turns up 

Edited by 1animal1

Must admit it does seem that way but you are constantly questioning if it is the same thing or something completely different. 

I'll give that a go, thanks swb.... If it gets too difficult I'll just wait for the Wintex cable

Edited by 1animal1

Essentially what I want is this. The most used part will be... Part arm A

Part arm A (daytime)... Hall, landing, garage pirs, all 3 door contacts alarmed. 

Full set.... Obviously everything (default)

Part arm B (night time)... Garage pir and all 3 door contacts. 

Keypad in hall. Want to use prox tags to part arm A/disarm A. 

Keypad on upstairs main 24w panel, to use smart key to set part arm B for night - or I may fit another pad for convenience - as per your advice previously, these smart keys are a little bit ****... Who wants to turn a remote on before you can use the functions, seems daft. 

Instructions certainly say that you can  - It's the next level down I'm confused about. Is it an area of zones I'm limited to 2 with, with the 24W panel, or the area suites - assuming they are different.

Gathering without a different code on the same remote panel, arming a 2nd part arm zone is difficult - therefore for night time arming my only other option is to have another pad upstairs or use the pad on the front of the panel - I ideally don't want to fit another pad as the panel is in the airing cupboard next to the master bedroom, therefore the smart key could become useful if you can program the part arm to part arm area B only. 

Edited by 1animal1

Premiers have "Areas" the amount of these depends on the panel model, Areas are like dividing a system into little separate alarm systems.

Then each Area has 3x Part sets, these are a quick way to isolate (omit) a section of the area the part set is in. So a bedtime set, for example.

Again there are many ways to do the same thing, a skilled Texecom installer would try to make the system as easy to operate from the user perspective, but still conform to the relevant standards.

Without knowing the layout or what you need I imagine only Area A is used and two part arms.

• Upvote 1

Thanks SWB. I've read through the instructions a few times today. So I'm figuring - if i choose the attribute 'Part 1 Omit' for all the PIR's that i don't want on part arm 1 (everything bar the kitchen and livingroom PIR)- then set an area up for night time in the area suite for all the door contacts and garage PIR - will i be able to apply this area to part arm 2?

Edit - based on what you have said - if i set an area up for the daytime, then omit further PIR's from that daytime area for the night time...then that should do what i need too presumably?

Edited by 1animal1

Suites are a way of arming multiple Areas at the same time.

I rarely use Suites as most systems I would install are on Entry/Exit setting not Timed.

I would always avoid separating systems into Areas from the same keypad, for other reasons irrelevant for your system.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with your system.

You need a full set and you will need a bedtime set this can be a part arm, what else do you need?

The full arm will only be used on holidays. The main use will be a part arm in the daytime as we have two dogs at home and a dog walker visiting, so all but the kitchen and living room pirs and back door contact will be on. The second part arm will be bedtime which only needs the 3 door contacts and garage pir on.... I can see how to omit in attributes, but the living room and kitchen need omitting for both part sets... It will only allow me to omit for one or the other