Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us have other things to do on the weekend...

Read ALL the manuals cover to cover a few times.

You will not be learning Texecom radio stuff using the DIP switches any more, as that's for legacy.

Default everything start a fresh, to learn radio OTB press Omit button while in highest level engineers menu, follow the manual for V3 firmware.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Some of us have other things to do on the weekend...

Read ALL the manuals cover to cover a few times.

You will not be learning Texecom radio stuff using the DIP switches any more, as that's for legacy.

Default everything start a fresh, to learn radio OTB press Omit button while in highest level engineers menu, follow the manual for V3 firmware.

told you this geezer swb is hardcore

• Upvote 1

Thanks swb, please believe me when I say I've been through every relevant part of learning in the manual. Noticed  the inconstancies in the pages that relate to it and tried the several different methods a few times, resetting the panel to default on every occasion. What I do notice is the default count down does skip from 13 seconds to 3 on the panel.... Tried keeping the learn button pressed on the pir for the full 20 seconds, with and without covers so the tamper is engaged. Tamper jumper on and off the panel. The dip switches were defaulted with 1 on and the rest off... Soon learned that the ricochet won't learn anything with switches 1 or 2 in the up position. The 4th suggests off for a walk test so tried that on and off too... I genuinely am stumped... Will have another look through today to see if I can see anything else

I've gone in through the zone learn to check that (zone 9), and it still shows as being free... is this the best place to check? 

I'll attempt the delete procedure later when I'm home just in case. 

Edited by 1animal1

Will do - when i go to Zone setup and scroll back, it starts in the mid twenties and I'm 99% sure they are all free - I'll check that too though. Whilst in the learning mode I've tried several PIR's and Door contact just in case the device was at fault. Am I right to press the learn button on the pir as the battery goes in and then release? and also short the pins on the door contact until it's been learnt?

Haven't got my lead through yet for the Ricochet software...