Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly seems to have, thanks mate. It won't be that difficult to cover the kitchen off. My wired pad will be in the hallway backing onto the garage wall - so i can run several cables all to the garage and into the kitchen/hall/garage PIR's quite easily, the runs will have to go along the garage wall but figure this won't be an issue, as if cut, the alarm will trigger regardless. Only leaves a downstairs toilet and conservatory vulnerable.... 

Throws my plan out a little regards the package so I'll need to run a few more calcs as to the best way  - will probably end up banging 2 spare wireless PIR's on the bay.

I also rang Texecom to confirm direct to consumer support which they are happy to do, unless I'm asking to be babysat for basic stuff, which i understand - they said that i could run 2 wired components from the pad too and program the whole lot with the PC software assuming i have the lead or LAN connector (he said LAN was worth the extra over wifi), he also mentioned that he preferred using the panel to program, and not the laptop- they also mentioned that i cannot use the app until I've updated the firmware to version 4 which may require me buying the firmware board (£20). also confirmed the X3 box and running a 2nd X3 on low power mode or reactive?...presume the output of the panel would struggle to power both otherwise. 

Edited by 1animal1

Am I right in thinking i need to purchase the Texecom brackets for the PIR's? to secure to the ceiling? I'd have thought a bracket would be supplied...

Also - do you know what the com2400 is for - I'm hoping it's not yet another board that is required. 

Regards the app requirement - I can't really not have it as I need a remote function in case it goes off whilst at work. My pyre doesn't respond well to that type of noise and would probably become destructive given her reaction to a simple smoke alarm... 

I did wonder as previous systems I've fitted in other houses had a bracket of some sort, however small - What do you do when coving is fitted? fit beneath the level of the coving?

Reading it looks like the Comm2400 unit is for texts and data output.... use instead of wifi or LAN with the looks of things

Edited by 1animal1

4 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Only leaves a downstairs toilet and conservatory vulnerable.... 

Downstairs toilet probably a non issue. Conservatory would need a DT or a special quad. Garage would need to be DT also.

they also mentioned that i cannot use the app until I've updated the firmware to version 4 which may require me buying the firmware board (£20).

This is incorrect, you can use the app but there is no auto port forwarding so you need to setup router.

also confirmed the X3 box and running a 2nd X3 on low power mode or reactive?...presume the output of the panel would struggle to power both otherwise. 

You may get away with two live boxes on LC mode, you will need to do all your measurements for all your cabling and current consumption.

3 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Am I right in thinking i need to purchase the Texecom brackets for the PIR's? to secure to the ceiling? I'd have thought a bracket would be supplied...

They are extra but not needed

Also - do you know what the com2400 is for

A plug on digi

Regards the app requirement - I can't really not have it as I need a remote function in case it goes off whilst at work.

Just bear in mind the app is not guaranteed to signal you, may work most of the time but can be compromised.

2 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

What do you do when coving is fitted? fit beneath the level of the coving?

Us old skool engineers have the skill to drill up behind the coving and fish the cable through

I'm glad I asked, that'll definitely look a lot neater. What do you do for confined spacess? Slight tilt off the coving? 

Six... Thanks for all of that. In order.

I'm going to leave the conservatory for now as it'll be  pulled down in the next year or so for a summer room... Noted DT spec pir for the garage.

Regarding setting up the forwarding for the app. Presume I can do this on the laptop?

I think I'm going to go with a dummy box for the rear, stick to a couple of led alternators, battery fed to simplify.

Regarding the app reliability. There's nothing I'm missing that would be more reliable is there other than gprs?

Thanks

Tim

30 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

What do you do for confined spacess? Slight tilt off the coving?

Huh?

32 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

Regarding setting up the forwarding for the app. Presume I can do this on the laptop?

If you know what you are doing, maybe try researching port forwarding for your router.

35 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

There's nothing I'm missing that would be more reliable is there other than gprs?

The main benefit of a professional installer is the option of "proper" monitoring, the connection is polled and any issues are sent to keyholders.

Your app connection is only as good as your broadband, no phone line and you have a bells only system with no indication that connection has been lost.

Not a lot of people realise this when they look at DIY and apps.