Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

op you ask a forum of trade peeps they will give their advice and yourself and others reading will assume they are doing the protective thing. Some here do. Most acknowledge that those wanting to diy using pro gear will do that anyway.

I'm not ungrateful James, I'm really not and I get why a small number of people react that way. Your all professionals and I'm not (in this field) which is why I'm asking you guys your opinions . My questions are just trying to gauge the feasibility of fitting these systems.. that's all I'm after. It's not a given that I'm going to try anyway.... I want to know the challenges prior to jumping in with both feet :)

4 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

before you do try the Texecom tech support line. Tell em you just bought a premier and it makes no sense. See what your answers are. From that buy texecom

I'm guessing they will guide me towards an installer?

36 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

I do however feel that some on here are hell bent on communicating that I couldn't possibly do such a thing as fit one of these systems myself

like anything its a piece of piss if you know what your doing,

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

1 hour ago, 1animal1 said:

I'm not ungrateful James, I'm really not and I get why a small number of people react that way. Your all professionals and I'm not (in this field) which is why I'm asking you guys your opinions . My questions are just trying to gauge the feasibility of fitting these systems.. that's all I'm after. It's not a given that I'm going to try anyway.... I want to know the challenges prior to jumping in with both feet :)

I'm guessing they will guide me towards an installer?

Ok I admit it I just a house bashers not a pro like the others 

I am quite sure I said "I am not having a dig"

Your just digging your own hole geezer , just get on with it, what's the big deal?

7 hours ago, MrHappy said:

like anything its a piece of piss if you know what your doing,

Theres your answer mate.

Noone knows for sure as the products are fairly new to the market. Just go for the Pyronix and teach us a thing or two.

7 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Ok I admit it I just a house bashers not a pro like the others 

I am quite sure I said "I am not having a dig"

Your just digging your own hole geezer , just get on with it, what's the big deal?

In fairness though fella, you had a dig then said 'I'm not having a dig' 

There's no big deal. I joined as I wanted your opinions. Otherwise I would have just got on with it blindly :)

So in answer to the above, were I able to get hold of the PC software and cable, would that make it much more doo able... Pretty sure I don't need a new module for that too do I?

If we are talking Texecom PC software then if your lucky the CD will be with the panel. The cable will come from a wholesaler.

When fitting pro gear for DIY the issue will come down to availability of stuff like this.

If everyone could access all the information for all alarm systems, this would facilitate methods to defeat systems easier. Pro installation manuals and software are generally trade only.

It is not easy to gauge the skill level of every DIY'er that stumbles upon this alarm geek forum, so take any criticism with a pinch of salt. Only you will know if you are capable of the task in hand.

• Upvote 2

Thanks fella - there must  be a huge difference in the people posting on here. I'm not saying I won't hit trouble, I would just like to know if I am flogging a dead horse or at the very least - stand a chance;)

I'll give Texecom a call later and see what their view on support is, if i were to buy their system - as suggested above. They may be open to a degree but see what you are saying regards them not wanting to release sensitive information - I tried for my current Eurosec and failed miserably which i suppose should be telling in itself. 

Can you pick any holes in my shopping list - summary is PIR in garage, living room, hall and landing (wired) - door contacts front and both rear doors (1 patio) - 3 settings, full, daytime  (turn off living room PIR) and night time (turn off landing and LV room PIR)

Texecom ricochet kit-0003 (includes 3x pir's, 1x door sensor, 2x fobs) Elite 48w

1x additional wired sensor ACH-0001 (for landing mount)

CEK-0001 Wifi module

Premier elite FMK pad with recess box

2x additional wireless door contacts

X3-BE fully lit siren (single piezo) wired

1x Dummy X3 with LED module (not sure if can wire or not given wire already in place, or battery) for rear of property - tempted to go for 2 wired for effect as house backs on to woods

PC cable from the bay 

If I'm running wire to the panel then i could just as easily wire to the garage and Hall leaving one wireless PIR in LV  - all door contacts need to be wireless for the near impossible cable runs

Edited by 1animal1

1animal1, you're wasting your time asking here unfortunately. You'll get all the help you want from a very helpful bunch in the 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' section on DIYNOT.com

That said, if you are serious about security drop anything wireless and using an app from your shopping list.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dick said:

1animal1, you're wasting your time asking here unfortunately.

Clearly not, otherwise he would have given up by now.

Do DIYNOT verify members for Trade? How can you make such a broad statement from your experience here?

4 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Texecom ricochet kit-0003 (includes 3x pir's, 1x door sensor, 2x fobs) Elite 48w

1x additional wired sensor ACH-0001 (for landing mount)

CEK-0001 Wifi module

Premier elite FMK pad with recess box

2x additional wireless door contacts

X3-BE fully lit siren (single piezo) wired

1x Dummy X3 with LED module (not sure if can wire or not given wire already in place, or battery) for rear of property - tempted to go for 2 wired for effect as house backs on to woods

PC cable from the bay 

If I'm running wire to the panel then i could just as easily wire to the garage and Hall leaving one wireless PIR in LV  - all door contacts need to be wireless for the near impossible cable runs

Minimum spec without visiting site would be every room on ground floor and landing with a sensor, any entry/exit doors have a contact.

I would agree to wire as much as possible and I wouldn't be bothered about the app.

If using two wired boxes you will need extra PSU, and be aware that ill illuminated bellboxes may need planning permission if branded.

Use one wire and one zone per device for wired stuff.

I think I answered everything...

• Upvote 1