Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall you need to make a decision, your probably better off going for the simplest diy fit and probably is pyronix as that's what it's geared towards and although you sound if you want to spend , you don't want to pay to have it installed because installer rates to high for you......

• Upvote 1

I do keep getting drawn to the Pyronix in all fairness. Coding is the only issue I'm likely to have and something i can learn/pick up whilst it's all laid out on the table. 

It's not that I don't want to pay to have it fitted either- It's more the benefit of having it fitted when i can quite easily put the system together myself and fit it cleanly and professionally.  

On 24/10/2016 at 10:39 PM, 1animal1 said:

:lol:

I've just been reading up on all sorts of things regards wireless systems, 2 way protocols, hacking ability - seems a lot easier than I would have thought!

Probably harder than taking your "wifes" z4 w/o  keys ;)

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

We are all mind readers here in the mod team...

Yes the app will be updated and the firmware for the panel will be updated with it.

http://www.texe.com/uk/technology/connect/

Buttons work well and keep cost down. I have fitted a few KP160's they are just a gimmick IMO; much like apps, but that's a different story.

You need to decide if your DIY'ing or getting an installer in before the forum can help further.

Which kit is all irrelevant at this stage.

• Upvote 1

MrHappy - yes mate - I haven't been on there in ages, very good memory! What had got me was the emphasis on 'wife' - we only got married in July so I was left wondering if we knew each other! :lol:

Sixwheel - It certainly seems so! :lol: I've always intended to fit my own - one because i think I can in a professional way, and two, self gratification. Fair enough if I fall flat on my face, I'll swallow my pride and pay someone to program it. :) I'm only questioning what a better system can get me due to others posting that I am looking at the Dacia of the alarm world - nobody has really answered what I would be gaining in a RollsRoyce considering my pretty basic requirements.

What you say about the touch pads makes sense - purely aesthetics. The functions are always going to come down to a basic keypad and accompanying buttons. 

On another note - should we expect Texe to start charging once they have a decent proposition regards the app? Pyronix and Visonic esk.... 

7 hours ago, 1animal1 said:

Scrap Visonic - £49 for a 12 months link to their servers to utilise the app....ridiculous. I know development isn't free, but at least make the cost reasonable. 

meanwhile there's proper alarm co's paying their ARC hundreds of £'s for proper g3/ g4 monitoring then adding a margin & selling it to the subscribers...

Mr? Veritas God

11 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

meanwhile there's proper alarm co's paying their ARC hundreds of £'s for proper g3/ g4 monitoring then adding a margin & selling it to the subscribers...

back to Dacia the other brands are a rip off. I pay more than that for my one drive storage.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Not to want to look like I'm jumping about here but on reflection I'm quite liking the Texecom (ricochet) X3 wired lit bell boxes and wired flush remote pads.... Very smart. Even the pirs look decent and the kits generally come with 3, I then only need to source a wired variant and two extra door contacts... Just how difficult are these to program via the panel? Is the computer software (which I imagine makes programming 000's times easier) engineer only?... 

The WiFi option also seems reasonable... Hopefully without the gremlins that Pyronix have?

You will get stuck on every panel when you want to make it do something specific 

Or

As you say your confident , what you waiting for? Not confident enough to know what to buy

Not having a dig by the way but get on with it 

PS had to edit that message to make it look good as someone mentioned my grammar is ok haha

Edited by al-yeti

This is why I have come to the diy section. I want advice and feel I have learnt quite a bit over the last couple of days on here thanks to you chaps - I know this is the tip of the iceburg In terms of knowledge of these systems, i promise you I'm not naive to that fact... I do however feel that some on here are hell bent on communicating that I couldn't possibly do such a thing as fit one of these systems myself irrespective of the fact that you do not know me or my experience . If it's going to be impossible for me to program a Texecom , I'd like to know - hence the questions above. What I find unhelpful is to tell  me to get on with it whilst insinuating it is likely impossible.... If I'm in the wrong forum I really do apologise, I had presumed diy advice meant diy advice... Rather than giving half answers then belittling me  

op you ask a forum of trade peeps they will give their advice and yourself and others reading will assume they are doing the protective thing. Some here do. Most acknowledge that those wanting to diy using pro gear will do that anyway.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

op you ask a forum of trade peeps they will give their advice and yourself and others reading will assume they are doing the protective thing. Some here do. Most acknowledge that those wanting to diy using pro gear will do that anyway.

I'm not ungrateful James, I'm really not and I get why a small number of people react that way. Your all professionals and I'm not (in this field) which is why I'm asking you guys your opinions . My questions are just trying to gauge the feasibility of fitting these systems.. that's all I'm after. It's not a given that I'm going to try anyway.... I want to know the challenges prior to jumping in with both feet :)

4 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

before you do try the Texecom tech support line. Tell em you just bought a premier and it makes no sense. See what your answers are. From that buy texecom

I'm guessing they will guide me towards an installer?

36 minutes ago, 1animal1 said:

I do however feel that some on here are hell bent on communicating that I couldn't possibly do such a thing as fit one of these systems myself

like anything its a piece of piss if you know what your doing,

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, 1animal1 said:

I'm not ungrateful James, I'm really not and I get why a small number of people react that way. Your all professionals and I'm not (in this field) which is why I'm asking you guys your opinions . My questions are just trying to gauge the feasibility of fitting these systems.. that's all I'm after. It's not a given that I'm going to try anyway.... I want to know the challenges prior to jumping in with both feet :)

I'm guessing they will guide me towards an installer?

Ok I admit it I just a house bashers not a pro like the others 

I am quite sure I said "I am not having a dig"

Your just digging your own hole geezer , just get on with it, what's the big deal?

7 hours ago, MrHappy said:

like anything its a piece of piss if you know what your doing,

Theres your answer mate.

Noone knows for sure as the products are fairly new to the market. Just go for the Pyronix and teach us a thing or two.