Security Installer Community

Pyronix Homecontrol+ vs Visonic Powermax vs Texecom

1animal1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall you need to make a decision, your probably better off going for the simplest diy fit and probably is pyronix as that's what it's geared towards and although you sound if you want to spend , you don't want to pay to have it installed because installer rates to high for you......

• Upvote 1

I do keep getting drawn to the Pyronix in all fairness. Coding is the only issue I'm likely to have and something i can learn/pick up whilst it's all laid out on the table. 

It's not that I don't want to pay to have it fitted either- It's more the benefit of having it fitted when i can quite easily put the system together myself and fit it cleanly and professionally.  

On 24/10/2016 at 10:39 PM, 1animal1 said:

:lol:

I've just been reading up on all sorts of things regards wireless systems, 2 way protocols, hacking ability - seems a lot easier than I would have thought!

Probably harder than taking your "wifes" z4 w/o  keys ;)

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

We are all mind readers here in the mod team...

Yes the app will be updated and the firmware for the panel will be updated with it.

http://www.texe.com/uk/technology/connect/

Buttons work well and keep cost down. I have fitted a few KP160's they are just a gimmick IMO; much like apps, but that's a different story.

You need to decide if your DIY'ing or getting an installer in before the forum can help further.

Which kit is all irrelevant at this stage.

• Upvote 1

MrHappy - yes mate - I haven't been on there in ages, very good memory! What had got me was the emphasis on 'wife' - we only got married in July so I was left wondering if we knew each other! :lol:

Sixwheel - It certainly seems so! :lol: I've always intended to fit my own - one because i think I can in a professional way, and two, self gratification. Fair enough if I fall flat on my face, I'll swallow my pride and pay someone to program it. :) I'm only questioning what a better system can get me due to others posting that I am looking at the Dacia of the alarm world - nobody has really answered what I would be gaining in a RollsRoyce considering my pretty basic requirements.

What you say about the touch pads makes sense - purely aesthetics. The functions are always going to come down to a basic keypad and accompanying buttons. 

On another note - should we expect Texe to start charging once they have a decent proposition regards the app? Pyronix and Visonic esk....