Security Installer Community

Problems with Honeywell AG6 bell boxes.

Tommygunn

I've just done some jiggery pockery with the wiring of the water damaged unit and now I've got a good, working bell box with a working strobe!

Time for a cup of tea, especially since the missus got me to clean all the Velux windows while I was up top.

Tom.

Like everything though, fine as long as it doesn't next go wrong at 3AM whilst you're on holiday.

Having seen how poor the design is, what will you do to stop water getting in again?

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

You did read my last comment for those who won't pay?

We don't advocate violence on this forum so a Senior H&S / Legal Compliance Mod removed it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 years later...

In my case it was 23.00 last night in the heavy rain up aladder trying to stop the AG6 sounder screeching.  Not the first time - I have taken many steps with acrylic sealent on this box and it beggars belief how it gets in there - but it does!

Thanks for the alternative makes suggested (Texecom, Elmdedne, SAB).

IK

1 hour ago, DCC Kid said:

In my case it was 23.00 last night in the heavy rain up aladder trying to stop the AG6 sounder screeching.  Not the first time - I have taken many steps with acrylic sealent on this box and it beggars belief how it gets in there - but it does!

Thanks for the alternative makes suggested (Texecom, Elmdedne, SAB).

IK

Standard problem with the ag6 with no eave protection or just when weather hits it 

But then I have seen incorrect cabling , water trickles behind box , onto cable which trickles onto the PCB board on the ag6 , needs to be looped down out of the way really 

Did a job where the AG6 was pretty inaccessible but only about a year old so if it worked I intended to leave it (dumb builders positioning, not visible from frontage where I put a dummy)

As it happened, it didn't work, but also as it happened the customer had scaff up for painting. It didn't work as wired incorrectly by builder (lol) but I did think what a crock it was when I wired it properly.

Should have bloody changed it I think.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Unfortunately recently rennovated cottage with oak flooring over chipboard everywhere :(

But at least a replacement in the same location would have been better than nowt.

Had to rely on the wires the builders had provided and a well hidden expansion module back to back with what was a 4 core(!) to a PIR

On 24/09/2019 at 13:46, al-yeti said:

Standard problem with the ag6 with no eave protection or just when weather hits it 

But then I have seen incorrect cabling , water trickles behind box , onto cable which trickles onto the PCB board on the ag6 , needs to be looped down out of the way really 

I agree - previously had to apply silicon sealant around rear of box and where cable enters (picture) as water did run along this.  The last two times the water has capillaried from the bottom edge into the bottom of the electronics board.  I have added more sealant today (picture).

Just wanted to thank all respondents for the info on this.  I have ordered a new Texecom Odyssey 4 to replace this with.

DSC_0275s.JPG

DSC_0276s.JPG

• Like 1