Security Installer Community

Problems with Honeywell AG6 bell boxes.

Tommygunn

Ag6 don't like being out in the open with cable installed in certain ways , seen it plenty 

As above buy another make , even the delta is cabled entry to side of electronics  so better and as said enclosed better

Although those who don't want to pay much get an ag6 

What I'll do for now is disconnect the damaged bell box and rewire it for a single bell use, easy enough.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an compatible, alternative model that is comparable, in terms of price and features, to the AG6?

Cheers,

Tom.

Edited by Tommygunn

I've just done some jiggery pockery with the wiring of the water damaged unit and now I've got a good, working bell box with a working strobe!

Time for a cup of tea, especially since the missus got me to clean all the Velux windows while I was up top.

Tom.

Like everything though, fine as long as it doesn't next go wrong at 3AM whilst you're on holiday.

Having seen how poor the design is, what will you do to stop water getting in again?

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

You did read my last comment for those who won't pay?

We don't advocate violence on this forum so a Senior H&S / Legal Compliance Mod removed it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands