Security Installer Community

Problems with Honeywell AG6 bell boxes.

Tommygunn

Things came to a head this morning when we lost power three or four times and each time one of my two bell boxes, at least I think it was just one, was activated. However, several problems, historical and new, are occurring with the boxes.  

1) For a while now when I set the alarm one of the bell boxes makes a random alarm type tweet(or not) once it sets. Sometimes it might not make a sound, sometimes a full blip and other times a blip of random, truncated length, as if when you set the alarm your catching the circuitry doing some sort of count.

2) So, this morning, for every time that we had a power cut one of the bell boxes would activate but the LCD keypad showed no alarm condition. I could not deactivate the bell box from the LCD keypad during the outage even though everything was powered up by the main panel battery.

When mains power was restored the piezo/bell box would stop, by itself. 

I've have done several things so far:

a) LED's on main panel, LCD keypad and both bell boxes are all functioning. 

b) Battery for main panel at 13.30V, bell box that activated 6.93V and other bell box at 7.23V.

c) I've done a complete test (with piezo buzzers disconnected, I fitted each piezo with a jumper connector for maintenance/testing/neighbours reasons) and the main panel worked perfectly, activated the telephone dialler and my phone rang - so no problem there. 

3) The strobes on each bell box are not working. I observed each strobe during the full test and during a manual, strobe only test and they weren't functioning. What I did notice was that when I did a manual, strobe only test the LCD keypad lighting actually dimmed. This does not happen during any other function of the LCD keypad.

I fitted the system back in September 2012 and the batteries are unchanged. Even though they are holding a Voltage could it be that the capacity is knackered?

Anyone have a clearer idea on what is causing these problems?

Cheers,

Tom. 

Edited by Tommygunn

I have the two boxes wired up as per the instructions, see below.

For ages they were working just fine, then in the past six months, or so, the momentary beep noise started on setting the alarm and then the other day the second problem occurred on the loss of mains power. Prior to this we've had plenty of power cuts and nothing happened.

Tom.

BurglarAlarm_zps4e3b01b5.jpg