Security Installer Community

Pyronix UR2-WE RF Expander

Spyman48

Hi 

Looking to add some extra zones to a castle care euro mini 10 panel , and the UR2-WE seems a easier option ,but not used one before .

It has 2 outputs each capable of 10 detectors or contacts etc will it be possible to set different detectors to entry route ,or intruder etc or what ever you set one to there all the same on that output effectively giving you 1 zone with 10 detectors on it 

thanks 

It has 2 channels; to be honest, universal expanders really are a 'poor mans' way of adding wireless, and IMHO only suitable when you have a ton of spare zones (i.e one zone for each device + generalised battery fail, + generalised fault/supervision channel etc...). or you only want a wireless PA added to a system. I suspect you don't have an expanse of spare zones, as AFAIK the Mini 10 is unexpandable.

You would be far better off replacing the panel (but usually not the keypad and rarely any of the wiring) for a Pyronix / Castle model that supports wireless 'natively' so all faults, battery low etc... are displayed in plain English on the keypad, relevent to the actual zone they are on.

Furthermore, wireless can be a PIA full stop. Are you sure you can't hard wire the extra zones??

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

6 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Ouch! Does the Mini suffer from using '0' rather than Zone 1, which as Scanny found out can't be transmitted via SIA? :doh:

Don't think so, wouldn't matter if it did as the mini doesn't have any Comms on it anyway.