Security Installer Community

Why strobes are wired independent

Quite often burglars are drug users. The purpose of a strobe is if the burglar has dropped an e recently and they see a strobe light they will stop what they are doing and start dancing like a loon. The strobe can keep them dancing for up to 12 hours, which is almost long enough for police to attend and catch them. If they can be bothered.

• Upvote 3

Newer strobes have a 24 hr guarantee which was brought in under the Sorry We Can't Attend Right Now, All Units Are Utilised Act 2015. Quote this and I guarantee you'll get a Distinction.

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

TBF not as such, I suppose I was thinking of keypads etc... displaying status but ultimately what lamps etc... the installer connects to outputs is up to them.

Weren't Abel going to have a colour changing logo on their stainless bell once, but regs changed and they didn't? Or did they think regs would state they would

HAVE to show confirmed etc... externally?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

We used to install a strobe or led on a p.t.s to inform the customer if the system had gone confirmed.

The theory being that the when the customer/keyholder was first contacted the system may of been unconfirmed and on route to the premises the system may go confirmed without the customer knowing. Customer arrives on site sees the confirmed indicator and makes their choice whether to enter the premises or not or wait for Plod. 

However since everybody now has a mobile phone and can be contacted at anytime a confirmed indicator is very rarely installed. 

re Secom and their red lamp, it's NOT a strobe, it operates when a 'confirmed' signal is sent to the ARC

Edited by magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

16 minutes ago, magpye said:

re Secom and their red lamp, it's NOT a strobe, it operates when a 'confirmed' signal is sent to the ARC

Tells the world that this "system is a confirmed system". Also it looks ****.

I remember years ago going for an interview at Secom. I thought the firm i worked for were behind the times but couldn't believe how old skoll Secom appeared to be. Nice relaxed attitude though and i image a decent employer.