Security Installer Community

TEXECOM ODYSSEY BELLBOX ISSUE

phily41

Hi and thanks in advance for any advice given here.

I have a texecom premier elite 24 panel. Yesterday I replaced my old bell boxes with two new Odyssey x-BE boxes.

I have followed the instructions regarding wiring from the manual...but I've got a problem.

FRONT bell box has left light only flashing...according to hand book it says its stuck on HOLD-OFF mode.
Rear bell box  has the 2 flashing light working so that box seems to be working ok.

I've rang texecom support and I'm totally at a loss,,,I've been at this 2 days and checked and rechecked wiring.

Could someone please give me a easy step by step guide to sort this, even a simple wiring diagram...

Also what advice which jumpers to set on each box.

thank you philip.

I'm for sure, Ive had these boxes open and closed rechecking and rechecking. the rear box seems to be working ok, its just the front box...... I removed it today to check if it wasn't faulty and wired it straight into the panel and it was 100% working.

Should I just run the Front and rear cable directly straight into the panel instead of running one from the front box into the rear box?

Edited by phily41

If the system is clear I think both light are to flick off and on.. the Rear does this but the front box only the left green lights up. The manual claims it's stuck in a safe mode. 

Would you know can you directly wire them straight into the panel?

Ok so your saying individually they both work fine, flash strobe trigger bell all ok?

, if that's the case then it's wiring or cable fault 

Not sure if these have a resistor to be used ?

Is it fed from front to rear or rear to front , replace cable through loft if that's the shorter one , 

Are you using 8core or struggling with 6 and no other spares 

TBH Im not 100% about the front bell as it was late and couldnt test it but definite know the strobe doesn't work.

The rear bell everything works..

I have fed a cable from the front to rear through the attic to power and connect the rear box, and yes using 6 core cable as i only need 6

So your back to square one, first determine if they work independently

Then it can only be a cable fault or wiring problem 

Maybe you are connected something wrong and didn't notice , as a house bashers I do it often , still good to fry the stuff now and then

I would take a pictures at both bells to show wriing, I think you haven't done the MSW link right.

you take out the msw2 wire, link that wire to the spare, run the spare into msw1 on2nd unit with that bells msw1 bell wire still in place .

(two wires in msw1 on second unit, the original wire an the spare you ran from the first bell).

do the bell test and both units should fire up, as they are they are the E models power shouldn't be an issue

ok so ive the problem sorted i think the bell box sorted. I did what this as below and move the jumper to battery start. What I also did was put back in the front box the MSW 1 cable.

Sorry I didn't take picture before I closed the unit...now both lights are flashing on both boxes , the strobes are working and alarm bells....so hopefully all sorted.

The alarm will arm and all works.....big thanks to everyone with all there ideas.

62802138.jpg

Edited by phily41