Security Installer Community

texecom premier power o/p fault

Id expect that running on its battery for 20 hours it has gone completly flat and may have damaged it depending on its state to start with.

I dont know that panel but lcd looks a bit dim.

Id disconnect the battery to start with and meter your power outputs

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

IIRC all the elites produce both "mains fail" & "power o/p" when the mains is off

I'd guess its something to do with the 4 pin molex pin on the switch mode psu

the switch mode psu is also a bit naff & much more likeley to fail compared to transformer

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

We have had a few switched mode PSUs fail. Texecom say its due to mains problems but they should be more robust. Their Tech Support said that they have "Over Engineered" the PSUs to get round the problem. I don't know if they are installing them in all new panels though. Perhaps someone from Texecom will tell us. Adrian?. Jim

I have a texecom elite 24 poly installed last week so new unit.. sparky onsite turned off power and forgot to turn it on.... we had O/P fault showing.. turns out the sensor on the Psu has gone faulty.. we checked all incoming voltage from the 230v supply and the 12v into the panel.. all good.. we contacted texecom who confirmed the Psu had a faulty sensor chip.... £x for new Psu..

Edited by MrHappy
pricing removed

I'm guessing this is a 'friendly' price direct from Texe when they know it's probably a faulty unit that (for once) isn't caused by the end user... And presumably + VAT and P+P.

But as above, surely still under warranty, or perhaps an 'Ebay special'...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

if the psu is under warranty then it shouldn't be costing anything?

This PSU issue has been on and off since they released the panel with it how many years ago, not convinced its robust enough or the QC from whoever supplies it isn't good enough (I am guessing its not made by Texecom)?

as said previously a reset is all that should be required unless faulty

whats interesting is the mains off clears on its own when its restored, leaving the 12V fault, why don't they both clear when restored?

13 hours ago, lymebayalarms said:

£x? Texecom should cover this under warranty surely if you only installed last week?

Could be worse, this happened to a few of our Premiers within a few days of each other.

I arranged to get replacement SMPS, all customers got send a quote to replace the controls as "we don't replace PSU's in controls".

Unhappy customers where charged for 2 hours plus a panel, about 15 months after installation.

Edited by MrHappy
pricing removed (quoted post)

11 hours ago, Jim Randle said:

Where are they selling them at £x? ADI quoted me £x plus special delivery charge as they don't stock them. Jim

ADI do stock them, we have change a few recently.

Edited by MrHappy
pricing removed (quoted post)

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I arranged to get replacement SMPS, all customers got send a quote to replace the controls as "we don't replace PSU's in controls".

Unhappy customers where charged for 2 hours plus a panel, about 15 months after installation.

I'd have whipped out my c/card & paid your employer with a smile on my face.... piece of piss to get a charge back on that scam ;)

Mr? Veritas God