Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 zone route query

scana

I have 2 issues, firstly I want to setup the alarm part set B for night; so that it triggers the timer when you enter the hall, the problem is the hall is set as an entry route for the full set A and the other part sets (the doors are final exits..), so the only way to trigger the timer is putting the hall zone as a final exit too would that conflict with the doors/other settings? Is there a correct way about doing it? I don't want to put the upstairs PIR to final exit because it would trigger if someone went to the bathroom.

I also need to replace the keypad because the one I have is broke & touching it can sometimes cause a tamper alarm, I've ordered a new but need a way to install it without defaulting the system (don't want to reprogram it again), is there a way to do this? if I turn the mains off and put the keypad in installer mode and just changed the keypad there would it cause any issues? Or do I need to turn everything off and reset all the settings?

Edited by scana

9 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Shouldn't need to default a panel to replace a keypad.

Zone options for Set B can be programmed separately from A, if you know how to program it.

Yeah I see now; just couldn't find the correct program number, sorted that problem thanks. So how would I go about replacing the keypad? If I remove mains & battery does it not default? Therefore leave the battery in and remove mains and just replace the keypad in installer mode (so that it doesn't trigger the alarm)?

Well you could leave in installer.mode , disconnect keypad wires in panel and go replace.keypad 

Or some here would just swap it over live , depends on how brave you feel 

Or "happ"ily drill through wall and reach for keypad through hole for fun of it and have filla ready

6 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Well you could leave in installer.mode , disconnect keypad wires in panel and go replace.keypad 

Or some here would just swap it over live , depends on how brave you feel 

Or "happ"ily drill through wall and reach for keypad through hole for fun of it and have filla ready

Aha alright guess I give it a try when the new keypad arrives, hopefully it goes smooth. Thanks.

If it's a tamper fault it's unlikely it needs replacing at all, I would look carefully at the tamper switch or spring (depends on model) and if required refix or rotate the tamper block (round plastic, looks a bit like a pop bottle cap with a hole in the middle on older keypad) or simply fix a No. 6 woodscrew in the tamper hole on a newer model and/or check the spring is still 'springy' enough and/or not being bent over by excess wiring etc...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Ok, they are soldered yes but never known one actually go faulty, always the spring, or decorators removing the front and the tamper switch block falls out and gets swept up with the rubbish etc...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands