Security Installer Community

Un-used Optima G3 - blue strobe light constantly flashing

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help.

We bought a house 5 years ago that had a security alarm - as far as we know the previous owners never used it, and we haven't either as we have house rabbits and a dog and live in a pretty safe area...

One of our neighbours pointed out that the blue strobe light on the bell box at the front of the house is triggering every minute or so all day/night long.

The alarm control panel doesn't show a fault - and we've tried keying in the code and pressing reset. But the strobe keeps on doing it's thing.

Any suggestions how to make it stop?

Thanks,

Steve

Controls, Cable or Device

Controls - the output is knacked (0v present when their should not be)

Cable - the cable is knacked (short of 0 to strobe trigger)

Device - the bell is knacked (flashing when it should not)

If you don't use it get it disconnected ?

Mr? Veritas God

Unless you're in millionaires row with a security guard there's nowhere in Bristol I'd consider 'safe'... I have a few customers in 'gentrified' areas of the city and some of the stories, and the lengths burglars will go to (jemmying open windows on the front street in broad daylight, telling shocked onlookers to 'f**k off if they didn't want to get hurt' was the latest).

Anyway, dogs and rabbits need be no barrier to a decent alarm, inexpensive modern PIRs can cope with them admirably.

So as above, if not being used I'd chalk it down to being broken and have it properly de-activated, as otherwise the battery in the main system box will eventually fail (if it hasn't already) and cause even more issues that will annoy the neighbours. The remaining dead bellbox will be just as much a deterrent/use as an unset alarm but with none of the issues...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands