Security Installer Community

Wired Intruder Alarm Courses

pritesh1311

44 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Agreed texe are a PIA to prog via keypad for a 'casual' user, UDL worth it's weight in gold with them.

Really? I'd say a menu driven thing like Texe is easier to program than a function number type setup for the average joe.

I feel the issue with the Texe menu structure is it's got cluttered over the years, so new users find it less intuitive.

57 minutes ago, Jim Randle said:

If you do go for a Texecom Elite 24 you will find that it defaults as a Grade 2 system with all the anticode, engineer reset and line fault options etc. switched on. You would have to switch them off for an audible only system. I have installed hundreds of them and think that they're great. The panels com with Wintex software on a CD ROM. The best way is to get a compatible Texecom USB-Com interface data cable from Ebay (£19.99). It's easier to program from Wintex  keypad programming is a bit frustrating as Amps said. Jim

So does galaxy ie line and engineer reset, only problem with galaxy to easy to take over, maybe back to the 9651 for training purposes with a prox keypad 

• 2 years later...