Security Installer Community

Wired Intruder Alarm Courses

pritesh1311

Hello guys!!

Ive been meaning to get myself on here for some time now and finally had a bit of free time to do so!

First things first - What a GREAT Forum, with out a doubt its helped me out many of times!

This is my first post so excuse any "dumbness"

Let me cut to the chase, I have been running a security installation company for 4/5 years. So far no issues, but Alarm wise we have only been sticking to the Visonic powermax kits and would like to branch out to Wired as it seems like we are turning away work,

Now now, l'd like to know -

Is it worth attending a course to learn the ins and outs of wired systems...? if so could you recommend one?

Look fowarding to your replies folks! 

Have a good evening! 

KR

Prits

Visonic powermax have lots of wired options available, why don't you just experiment with one of those , then dump visonic altogether 

Or get an easy grade one cheap old tat that you don't mind setting on fire , keep fire extinguisher handy incase you bridge fuses with foil paper 

Thank you guys.

I was thinking of purchasing the Texecom premier elite 24 with a few PIRs, door contacts and maybe a panic button to have a play around.

Programming wise i think i will be fine however wiring side may drive me mad as I can see my self getting confused on EOL/double pole wiring as well as series and parallel. (  i think im already confused)

From what ive read EOL wiring is better and safer, is ther any guides out there or any wiring for dummies guides i can get my hands on and trial and error.

Again, the 9651 manual actually lays it out very nicely and explains everything. Start there and then progress to bigger UDL type panels.

It's not rocket science but the two intruder alarm textbooks that apply to the UK are pretty out of date.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

On 09/09/2016 at 10:21 AM, pritesh1311 said:

Thank you guys.

I was thinking of purchasing the Texecom premier elite 24 with a few PIRs, door contacts and maybe a panic button to have a play around.

Programming wise i think i will be fine however wiring side may drive me mad as I can see my self getting confused on EOL/double pole wiring as well as series and parallel. (  i think im already confused)

From what ive read EOL wiring is better and safer, is ther any guides out there or any wiring for dummies guides i can get my hands on and trial and error.

I'd stick well clear of Texecom if i were you mate. Pyronix Euro 46 would be my choice every day of the week.

Texecom Premier may be a very good panel if you use them regular but for someone who does not they can be a very frustrating piece of kit. I've been installing various panels for nearly 20 years but yesterday afternoon i had the bad luck of programming a Texecom from scratch. It's not a panel we support as a rule and we only have a few on contract and just my luck one would need replacing on a Friday afternoon.

Some of the menus are so basic they still use asterisk and letters to resemble options. Also they are over complicated with too many options. Yesterday whilst trying to disable an ATS alert i found it was possible to disable the keypad from displaying the actual alert but just to display that there was a system alert but not which actual alert! Maybe useful in high security premises but not 99% of installs.

Stick to a Pyronix Euro and you cannot go wrong imo.

If you do go for a Texecom Elite 24 you will find that it defaults as a Grade 2 system with all the anticode, engineer reset and line fault options etc. switched on. You would have to switch them off for an audible only system. I have installed hundreds of them and think that they're great. The panels com with Wintex software on a CD ROM. The best way is to get a compatible Texecom USB-Com interface data cable from Ebay (£19.99). It's easier to program from Wintex  keypad programming is a bit frustrating as Amps said. Jim