Security Installer Community

hikvision dvr, ivms-4500 motion detection alarm problem

andy8519

First of all hi guys! I'm new to this forum and came across it after searching for hours and hours to sort my problem out! still no luck though....

If anybody could point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful,

I have a hikvision 7204 dvr and ivms-4500 app on my phone, it works fine for remote viewing both on my home network and also through cloud(ezviz)

the motion detection works fine and notifys me on my phone, I can click on the notification and view live view/ remote playback fine when I'm on my home network but if I'm out and get an alarm notification if I click on remote playback or live view (through the alarm notification) it comes up with connection error.

Its really really frustrating me and any help would be appreciated so much!

Thanks in advance,

Andy :)

you can view it remotely through the hikvision cloud account perfetectly fine its just the playback function or live view function through the alarm notification don't work when off the home wifi network

ive also opened up th ports on my router

Notifications go through the cloud server but the live view link connects through traditional port forwarding so you need to properly setup port forwarding and ddns, or when you get a notification login through the cloud link for live view.

3 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Notifications go through the cloud server but the live view link connects through traditional port forwarding so you need to properly setup port forwarding and ddns, or when you get a notification login through the cloud link for live view.

Yes its the home wifi network,  it's doing the same on a couple more systems tooScreenshot_2016-08-05-20-12-33.pngScreenshot_2016-08-05-20-12-40.pngScreenshot_2016-08-05-20-13-15.png

Hi guys thanks for the replies, I'm not really clued up on port forwarding, do I need to pay for a ddns and if so could anybody recommend one please?

Is there no straight forward apps with alarm notification that would just work through cloud please?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help :D:D:D