Security Installer Community

WebWay support for HKC

WebWay are pleased to advise that serial connectivity to the HKC Securewave products is now supported.

Your panel will need to be loaded with Version 3.3.3 from the HKC website. 

Login to your HKC account

Go to the Client Zone

Access Software downloads.

Install the "Upgrade Tool for Securewave panels"

Then upload from your PC to your panel via USB following the install wizard instructions.

We recommend that you take the opportunity to update Smartlink 7000 to V1.2.3

Connectivity and programming instructions for HKC/WebWay integration can be found at the WebWay website in the Support area.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

It's not in .pdf just yet James, but I'll get the guys onto that. I think we may have done a video once before, which I'll get checked to see if still current.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

HKC blocked all third party comms devices and integrations about 6 months ago. I don't think it's worth going into the thinking behind this, but for serious integrators like ourselves it was a disappointing move.

However, at IFSEC we were informed that 3rd party support would be re-instated and we are delighted that this decision has been made. Indeed we had many installers wanting to use the HKC/WebWay combination for both regulated and non-regulated signalling, so it's good news all round.

I believe the block came in at their software version 3.3.1 and as per this post has been released in 3.3.3.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

1st batch of 100 pre-production boards have been in test for about a month. Full commercial production October.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

You can't support an App for free that's for sure. Whilst alarm panel manufacturers Apps are fine, it all becomes a little painful if you have an estate with more than one type of panel. How many Apps do you work with?

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk