Security Installer Community

Scantronics 9448+ Service and Fault LEDs blinking - internal and external sounders randomly going off

GregTK

easy way greg , get a glamourous assistant to stand at the keypad and enter your user code while you walk in front of PIR's , get said assistant to shout which LED lights up when you are in a room.

bear in mind you may have to enter code before exit time expires and repeat process, or do 1 at a time .

In future I would get the professionals in for servicing or faults, good luck.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Erh, telephone cable the sign of a professional installation....

I only just noticed it wasn't just the links. Bet the phone bits as bodges after the original installation...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi All,

Right, seems that the installation job was not exactly top notch then :-S

Mr Happy, I see what you mean about the linked out tamper circuit... not brilliant. Will look into that.

Whizzer, thanks for the tip :-) that's exactly what I ended up doing since the Walk Test Data didn't seem to get logged. 

On the bright side, thanks all for your help! :-)

The content found in these community posts has allowed me to 'fix' my faulty alarm and learn some stuff in the process. It has also shown me the complexity of a 'proper install' and why you better call the professionals really when you're hard-wiring a new alarm system... or when you are dealing with a complex fault.

Again, thank you all and hope you have a great day!

Hmmm, can I please bother you guys with a quick question?

The Power LED on my 9427 remote key panel keeps flashing green instead of solid green... any idea why this might be the case?

Many thanks in advance... all feedback is much appreciated as always.

Hi datadiffusion,

Many thanks for your feedback... 

However I do have Mains power. My 9448+ control panel is properly powered up by Mains (the upper left hand Power LED is solid Green). 

The remote 9427 key panel is powered via the 9448+ control panel if I am not mistaken... there is a 12V connector for this on the control panel's PCB.

So I am wondering why my main 9448+ control panel indicates solid green for Power but my remote key panel isn't... while it is fed via the former?

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance...

Hi Whizzer,

Many thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean actually measuring the Voltage at the keypad?

I assume that is what you mean since the keypad doesn't contain a battery... just had a look inside.

Strangely, when I use the keypad to put the Scantronics Alarm into Engineer/Programming Mode, then the green Power LED is solid with all other LEDS also showing solid red.

Except for this blinking Power LED on the keypad, everything seems to be working just fine. I have configured all the settings to my requirements and performed some real life testing which seems to indicate that everything is working smoothly.

Any ideas?

I am taking your suggestion on-board though... a newer model with LCD display would be much more user friendly. This might be a cool little project at a later date. I am a little short on time now however.

Using the programming codes on my current model feels a little 'opaque' indeed since you can't really see a status for most settings.

Again, many thanks

Have a great evening