Security Installer Community

New Idea of Access Control

Arron

Are you still using traditional proximity card and fingerprint for access control? My company has a new product may change the future of access control.

You can own multiple identification technologies, and control the door from anywhere now. We make use of cloud service and smartphone, to let you spend less, but own more. You don't need to buy other devices, the only thing you need is a smartphone. Almost everybody has a smartphone now, so I think it's very potential.

The picture shows how it works, are you guys interested in it?

mobileandinbutton.png

So hack the smartphone and you have full access? Do you realise how easy it is to comprimse android devices and get full access without the user being aware? It's a piece of piss, and many are exploiting it. I wouldn't be putting my name to that sort of risk, especially something built to the usual chinese standards.

To be fair it is quite hard to think of new innovative ideas, Aaron has come up with a couple of ideas, neither of them are likely to be successful for one reason or another but it is good that he is thinking up new ideas. Keep it up Aaron and maybe one day you will think of something that will change the world.

On 2016/8/5 at 0:51 AM, petrolhead said:

So hack the smartphone and you have full access? Do you realise how easy it is to comprimse android devices and get full access without the user being aware? It's a piece of piss, and many are exploiting it. I wouldn't be putting my name to that sort of risk, especially something built to the usual chinese standards.

LOL, sounds like you know much about android hacking.

On 2016/8/5 at 2:23 AM, PeterJames said:

To be fair it is quite hard to think of new innovative ideas, Aaron has come up with a couple of ideas, neither of them are likely to be successful for one reason or another but it is good that he is thinking up new ideas. Keep it up Aaron and maybe one day you will think of something that will change the world.

Android hacking is not really a hard problem, I'm sure you could give some other in depth thinking on it, I will appreciate.

• 1 month later...

We are already using systems that can control access via smartphone. Could you let us know how your system is different to:

- HID Twist & Go

- Sclak

- Brivo MobilePass

- Kisi

We are already using systems that can control access via smartphone. Could you let us know how your system is different to:

- HID Twist & Go

- Sclak

- Brivo MobilePass

- Kisi

On 2016/9/17 at 2:25 AM, JasonOfOz said:

- HID Twist & Go

- Sclak

- Brivo MobilePass

- Kisi

- HID Twist & Go

- Sclak

- Brivo MobilePass

- Kisi

All the product you listed focus on using smartphone as credential, or using mobile APP as managing tool.

While our system is more than that, besides all the functions they have, we add biometrics in our APP, you could use the fingerprint module on the smartphone for identification, just like fingerprint access control.

And our system support multiple communication technology, user could open the door from anywhere. The products you listed are for either proximity access control or remote control.

13 minutes ago, Arron said:

All the product you listed focus on using smartphone as credential, or using mobile APP as managing tool.

While our system is more than that, besides all the functions they have, we add biometrics in our APP, you could use the fingerprint module on the smartphone for identification, just like fingerprint access control.

And our system support multiple communication technology, user could open the door from anywhere. The products you listed are for either proximity access control or remote control.

Most of the products listed above with exception of Sclak are controlled by software, not the app. The app is just treated as a credential that must be configured in the software first.

None of them currently offer biometrics which is true, so your product would be unique (but for how long, i don't know). Would have thought it would be easy for manufacturers to add this functionality.

All systems above support multi-format technology i.e. phones / bluethooth / wifi / smart cards). Door can be opened from anywhere but Brivo are adding an option shorlty for high security purposes so that you need to be on the local wifi network before being able to remotely allow access.

No point using NFC because that is only limited to Android.

Check out YOTI or CallSign, they are both doing interesting things when it comes to authentication of the user.

On 2016/9/20 at 6:30 PM, JasonOfOz said:

Most of the products listed above with exception of Sclak are controlled by software, not the app. The app is just treated as a credential that must be configured in the software first.

None of them currently offer biometrics which is true, so your product would be unique (but for how long, i don't know). Would have thought it would be easy for manufacturers to add this functionality.

All systems above support multi-format technology i.e. phones / bluethooth / wifi / smart cards). Door can be opened from anywhere but Brivo are adding an option shorlty for high security purposes so that you need to be on the local wifi network before being able to remotely allow access.

No point using NFC because that is only limited to Android.

Check out YOTI or CallSign, they are both doing interesting things when it comes to authentication of the user.

Thank you for your information. About Brivo's feature, being in local wifi network for high security, I don't think it's convenient. Because when you need to open the door remotely, most of time you are on the street, some place random. If there is any reason that I don't know, please help me understand it. Personally, I think the security level mainly depends on encrypted communication and user authentication, so our APP will request password before conducting remote control, and fingerprint password is a convenient option.

I believe Apple's NFC will be open to public in the future, the bluetooth pairing process is a big disadvantage for spontaneous and non-persistent application.

At last, YOTI and CallSign, I don't know the exact technology inside, if you have information about it, please tell me, I'm very interested.