Security Installer Community

Galaxy to send SMS through modem pool via GSM

I'm trying to get some Galaxy panels to send alarms through SMS modem pools via GSM transmitters that emulate PSTN.

I've tried it with both the 16+ (SWE 3.69) and the Dimension48 and a couple of different GSM Transmitters but it simply won't work.

It dials out fine but can't connect to the modem.

I've pretty much admitted defeat already but it would be nice to know why it won't work and if GSM -> Modem is generally known to create issues.

Edited by Heimdall

On 2016-07-21 at 2:16 PM, al-yeti said:

Which one are you using specific model it's quite simple or should be 

Thanks for taking an interest.

I've tried on two Galaxy 16+ v3.69SWE on Dualtech TS100 GSM transmitters which imitate a normal PSTN landline.

That didn't work.

I've also tried on a Galaxy Dimension GD48 (unsure of program version but definitely up to date, I got it of eBay UK so it's running British firmare).

Since the good stuff didn't work anyway I thought I'd try something else so I got a crappy generic GSM dialer of Aliexpress.

Same result.

Both panels/dialers call out to the modem pool just fine but wont negotiate a connection or connect with the modem at the opposite end.

Unfortunately a company called generic mobile have a monopoly on this service in Sweden so I can't just try with another service.

I actually thought you were trying to.do something else , but I try and house blag bash my way through finding an answer, (trying to earn my alarm man status but I will be dead before then I reckon)

Back on topic what does the coma centre want to see , a certain protocol ? Is it dialling , modem answers but then drops the call or just hangs there?