Security Installer Community

Small Bridal Shop Alarm and CCTV DIY Options?

Afternoon 

I'm looking to DIY install an alarm and CCTV system to a smallish (8m x 8m) bridal shop with one central entrance door, an open floor plan and a basement with a door not in use. 

I'm pretty handy so I'd imagine a DIY kit would be fine. It appears TEXECOM seem to be well recommended here...

A few questions :

Alarm System

2 PIR's to shop window looking in?

1 PIR to basement door? 

Door contact on entrance door 

External bell box 

Option to send out texts if alarm goes off. Do I need Internet in the shop?

Panic button under counter optional

Remote key fob system preferable

Any recommended kit or suppliers? I can hard wire as the shop is undergoing renovations anyway but I think wireless seems the way to go. 

CCTV 

I'd imagine 2 cameras will suffice given the area, placed in opposite corners of the shop. Maybe a third in the basement. 

Ability  to record say the last 7 days activity and ability to watch on phone or over the Internet. Maybe a small screen to show activity in the shop

Again any kit recommendations? Is wireless okay? 

Thanks in advance 

wireless is ok but if your doing renovations i would say cable the alarm. texecom premier panels can send texts down a phone line via a com 2400 module, or you can use a com ip or com wifi unit linked to your broadband router to send notifications through an app

Alarm,

Is a DIY suitable for you insurers ?

I would not trust text messaging for alarm signalling.

I would always prefer to wire a commercial building.

Can't comment on what detection your having w/o a floor plan

If your having a PA button under the counter, I would always recommend the system holding a Police URN

CCTV,

Again I'd be looking to wire camera's

"maybe a small screen" cctv needs a monitor located nr the recording equipment in a private area so when you looking at Miss X thieving, fighting, stealing or whatever your not surrounded by staff or customers who are to gossip about it or tweet online....

Mr? Veritas God

Okay I'm happy to go with wired, that's no issue. So which texecom all in one kit should I get? 

The PA alarm was more of a deterrent, no requirement for police notification and certainly not looking to pay the fees associated with this. 

The text option was mainly as we live 100m from the shop so could always nip down etc. Or look at the cameras online. 

Are there any recommended kits for cctv? Again wired options? 

28 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

The text option was mainly as we live 100m from the shop so could always nip down etc. Or look at the cameras online.

There's no guaranteed you'll get a text..

The panel's modem dials an SMS gateway on a fixed telephone I guess your not going to pay rental on exclusive line for the alarm ?

So Ms Smith leaving an answer phone message, an incoming fax, a handset left of hook a line fault/ line cut by burglar will prevent an outgoing call

SMS gateways don't generate an income for the network should it stop working their a low priority to get repaired, some networks no longer support there's,

In times of high demand texts can be delayed or lost.

Its not really suitable for alarm signalling,

If you really wants texts there's SMS-Com thing which takes a sim card which is better but again its not alarm signalling

Mr? Veritas God

8 minutes ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

So you reckon leave that option off

I was thinking Digiair + URN, but you need a proper alarm co.

19 minutes ago, norman said:

I'm making my own wedding dress as we speak.

cool

Mr? Veritas God