Security Installer Community

UK referendum and EU Norms

Peter James asked for "exactly wrong" which isn't a simple question. were dancing around here but already a few simple examples show the **** forced upon the UK by non sovereign power. FORCING the UK to change the way we want to do things.

4 minutes ago, alarmcom said:

Just to clarify, 12 hours IF monitored for mains failure Otherwise 24hour.

my mistake, we monitor mains fail as standard really so i often forget thats a condition of reducing the standby time

1 minute ago, alarmcom said:

Peter James asked for "exactly wrong" which isn't a simple question. were dancing around here but already a few simple examples show the **** forced upon the UK by non sovereign power. FORCING the UK to change the way we want to do things.

Are you Nigel Farage? :D

7 hours ago, alarmcom said:

If it were forced upon us from someone you voted for you would be happier??

8 hours ago, PeterJames said:

There has to be rules otherwise you have anarchy and everyone just installs what they feel like and how they feel like doing it.

Sound familiar?

2 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Whats your point? I already said there had to be rules, I asked if you think it would be happier if the rules came from someone you voted for?

I would be happier if the rules were made by my piers who understood MY industry in my locality. Not so sure I need to vote for them!

2 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

So you are saying that because the people who currently decide the rules, do not understand your industry. But you cannot give an example of what exactly they are doing wrong?

There are a few examples above of what I and it appears others feel are not being done correctly. Your quite keen for an EXACT or PRECISE statement are you a Kraut?

14 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

if you want your voice heard get involved. Not involved and moaning is like not registering to vote. You have no voice and have to leave it to those that do have one

Join the BSIA ? isnt there a membership to pay 

Voting is free

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

2 hours ago, alarmcom said:

There are a few examples above of what I and it appears others feel are not being done correctly. Your quite keen for an EXACT or PRECISE statement are you a Kraut?

Sort them out Chris man 

7 hours ago, PeterJames said:

What importance does my nationality bear on this conversation.? I am trying to understand what you think is wrong with the standards  

That's an easier q without the kraut attitude. It's to complicated! Why do the UK need to have their own interpretation? My responce is because the enforced standard (used lightly) doesn't work. Take option x for example, doesn't exist outside the UK. Then grading 1-4 and 4 isn't doable? ATS is so complicated we changed it to grades without consent but to make it useable. Then we have plug tops and no tampers and and and. It would be foolish to believe that the EN route is simple, to me it's about overcomplicated bureaucratic rules forced upon a country that has a perfectly historic working system of engineering solutions to real world problems and documenting them in simple to understand system called British Standards, an institution that has led the engineering world since early 1900s. Everyone is cheating the new EN because they are trying to give an engineered solution with their hands tied. Look at the CE mark. This is forcing commercial decisions where manufacturers and installers are buying outside the UK and certificating (assembled in the UK). Clearly this topic is to large for this forum and my only hope is that the whole agenda of EN standards in all industries be addressed once we are away from the dictatorship of Europe. Did you know Scotland has its own regs for many things. I mention this because thete are differences at local level that have to be honoured to make things work.

Yours sincerely 

Not just another brick in the wall.

16 hours ago, alarmcom said:

That's an easier q without the kraut attitude. It's to complicated! Why do the UK need to have their own interpretation? My responce is because the enforced standard (used lightly) doesn't work. Take option x for example, doesn't exist outside the UK. Then grading 1-4 and 4 isn't doable? ATS is so complicated we changed it to grades without consent but to make it useable. Then we have plug tops and no tampers and and and. It would be foolish to believe that the EN route is simple, to me it's about overcomplicated bureaucratic rules forced upon a country that has a perfectly historic working system of engineering solutions to real world problems and documenting them in simple to understand system called British Standards, an institution that has led the engineering world since early 1900s. Everyone is cheating the new EN because they are trying to give an engineered solution with their hands tied. Look at the CE mark. This is forcing commercial decisions where manufacturers and installers are buying outside the UK and certificating (assembled in the UK). Clearly this topic is to large for this forum and my only hope is that the whole agenda of EN standards in all industries be addressed once we are away from the dictatorship of Europe. Did you know Scotland has its own regs for many things. I mention this because thete are differences at local level that have to be honoured to make things work.

Yours sincerely 

Not just another brick in the wall.

So do you think that 4737 was better or worse ?

3 hours ago, PeterJames said:

So do you think that 4737 was better or worse ?

As with most things there's good and bad. So my answers would be both. We now have an opportunity to take the best of both.

14 hours ago, alarmcom said:

As with most things there's good and bad. So my answers would be both. We now have an opportunity to take the best of both.

Not sure it will work the way you think it will, there are humans involved

26 minutes ago, secureiam said:

seriously things change and nothing is perfect, never will be.

Things do change,sometimes for better sometimes for worse, and it was already not perfect but it was never unworkable, which was my point.