Security Installer Community

Leaflet Advertising

I'm currently knocking up a new leaflet to distribute around my area. Going to make full use of the Mrs being on maternity leave and give her something to do whilst she takes the boy out for a stroll in the pram!

We live on a ten year old estate and in a recent power outage the number of alarms going into meltdown as their batteries hadn't been replaced in ten years was ridiculous. 

The number of bells still strobing after a month from no resets was even even more surprising. 

Since moving there I've had no end of neighbours asking for resets, services and quotes for new systems, so I'm sure I'll get a bit of business out of 30 quids worth of leaflets. 

Just wondered how any of you guys have found leafleting as a form of attracting new business? 

cheers

Luke

varying results many find me online.

its al bout trying to target the right area.

I had 1 lead from 10,000 leaflets delivered by a distributor at £28 a thousand , I had 2 leads from 100 leaflets hand delivered by me after a call out.

Some put the leaflet to onside and call later, need something on the leaflet to call them to action. (a discount or  something).

Target high crime rate areas, avoid council estates that are not privately owned as the council tend to maintain them.

Useful, thanks

I intend to put an offer code on the leaflet so i can attempt to lure hesitant homeowners with a small discount. 

This first batch will likely be around 1000 homes, and I think I'd take 2 leads first time of asking. 10 would be amazing though, I'll aim for the magical 1% lead generation. 

my first leaflet run was 50,000 made for around £220 A5 double sided designed myself, it generated some work but its targeting the right areas.

I still get work from the leaflets so don't be discouraged if you don't get anything immediately.

Looked at radio and newspaper advertising but I don't read newspapers and don't tend to listen to the radio, those that have done newspaper advertising that I have spoke to haven't recommended it and to be fair they don't do it a lot.

If someone is paying for  advertising regularly then it is possible it is generating work if they try and it doesn't work they don't tend to try it again.

Is your vehicle sign written get a few calls from people seeing me out and about.

• Upvote 1

All my leaflets go straight into the recycling box without getting looked at. along with those free papers, I am sure that some people will read them but not that certain that the type of people that read leaflets that come through the door are the same ones that will have a need for a burglar alarm.  The only time I ever took notice of the junk that came through my door was when it came with a free sample. Now there's a thought maybe you could give a free door contact with each leaflet, people may like it enough to buy a complete set and have it installed.   

90% of our work comes from recommendation the other 10% comes from our website. We get a lot of recommendations worth having too.

I tried leafleting various areas, nearly all timewasters calling off the back of them, now i just leaflet the 2 or 3 streets surrounding my new installs/takeovers, that generates a lot of good leads, usually after they have spoken to the customer, deltabell x lightbox with my logo printed in translucent ink generates a lot of interest.

Edited by petrolhead

• 4 weeks later...

had people call seeing the van out and about and the number is pretty easy to read and a QR code on the back to scan in so they don't even need to write it down.

adverts on leaflets need a call to action, but in general terms I am not in a rush to do any more leaflets the better they look and catch the eye the better chance they will be read.

think leaflets aren't a bad idea if you do a job and put a few round the neighbours, that doesn't take long and usually has better results especially if your bell box is on the property.

Had a few that have seen my bell box on a house and then looked me up.

even tried going to areas where the police were regularly reporting burglaries and hardly any takers from leaflets, except the ones that actually got robbed and or their immediate neighbours.