Security Installer Community

Asked to fit Yale systems

Hi all

I'm getting more and more people asking for quotes to fit a Yale system that they have already purchased. 

I have convinced a few to take it back and have a decent installation for not too much more, but it really winds me up when people buy the so called DIY kits, then ask a security professional to fit it! 

I must admit, the majority of these come from sites such as ratedpeople and mybuilder, so I suppose it's expected, but there are a few calls with the same query. 

I can only image this is the same as popping into a Gordon Ramsey restaurant and saying 'oh, if you don't mind I've bought my own grub, could you stick it in the microwave and then make it look nice in a plate, ta'

I was going to use Jamie Oliver for this comparison but from what I've heard, they use microwave meals anyway!

Anyone else come across this?

Luke

It's the same if they bought your preferred panel and said fit it? They still won't pay your labour charge 

Customers don't always understand were not paid to be labourers, your paying for the technical skill (from some) just like other sectors get paid £500 a day

Once word gets you d your doing £199 labour for alarms you will have to move to the coast (geezer)

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

your paying for the technical skill (from some)

Ha ha (for some) is the finger pointing my way :D.

I might just about get out of bed for 500pound a day. but not until 10am and finish by 4pm. :new_rofl:.

Definitely the ladders! A few have said exactly that. 

I'm doing exactly as you say, high labour and no warranty, or you could use this kit... Works some of the time. 

Luckily most people fishing for labour on those trade sites mention they are wanting some garbage installing prior to buying the lead so saves a bit of money that way, have been bitten a couple of times though and had to fork out 8-9 quid for the lead only to find out it's a Yale system. 

I I suppose I was just venting really, I wasn't looking for an answer, but had two or three enquiries the other day and I had to get it off my chest else I'd have gone mad

its frustrating at times.

Unfortunately they think they are doing well going with a name they know or a system sold by a diy chain that they have faith in but they don't know what they are buying to them an alarm system is an alarm system.