Security Installer Community

360 degree ceiling PIR Help please

Good afternoon Forum

I recently installed an Accenta Gen4 Alarm Panel - Metal Case alarm system from TLC-DIRECT and everything is working fine. I wanted to get rid of the PIR's on the wall and replace them with 360 degree PIR in the ceiling (pictured attached).

My dilemma is the PIR I currently have  6 core cables wired up and these new ones I want to order from flea bay only have 5 cables which are pre wired from the picture, can someone tell me if they will work with the panel I have or am I wasting my money?

any help or advice would be perfect.  

alarm sensor.png

panel.jpg

• 2 months later...

are you sure this ceiling PIR shown on picture is a wired intrusion PIR detector rather than a light control PIR sensor? as a wired intrusion PIR detector it comes with 5 cables is because two of them(usually red and black) serve as power input, and the other 3 serve as alarm output specifically they represent NC, NO and COM from a relay, among them you wire NC/COM to your alarm panel at hardwired zone, this ceiling PIR on picture looks like to me a decent PIR so i wonder if it should have been designed with a solid state relay rather than a electromechanical relay, so it might come with only 4 cables, this is strange. Your current has 6 cables in my opinion two of them serve as power input, another two serve alarm output(NC/COM or NO/COM), the last two serve as tamper switch.

On 08/06/2016 at 3:03 PM, tony-d said:

Good afternoon Forum

I recently installed an 360 degree PIR in the ceiling (pictured attached). [blah..] ebay [blah...] am I wasting my money?

:yes:

As previously these look like tat, and false alarms are not fun.

Buy something half decent and proper intruder, Texecom RF360 still being made and won't break the bank...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands