Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas 8 system strange fault.

Hi Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

I have just spent all afternoon trying to sort out my sons alarm system, it is a Texecom Veritas 8 with a Texecom Odyssey alarm box, 3 PIR's and 3 external door contacts.

The problem has only started recently but when the alarm is set and you exit the house, after the exit time expires the alarm goes off.  You can silence the externally alarm by entering any single button on the key pad ? but the panel inside keeps bleeping until you enter the full code.  No faults are being logged in the memory and keypad lights are working as usual with no faults showing.

I have disabled all the zones except the entry door (it made no difference)

Changed entry exit door to a different door (it made no difference)

linked out the PIR tamper circuit (it made no difference)

Re set panel to factory settings (it made no difference)

Checked all fuses in the panel and removed bell box cover, cleaned out a few cobweb but all looks dry and in good condition.

Removed all power and battery from panel and rebooted (it made no difference)

Beginning to think it is a PCB fault. have I missed anything ?

Thanks for any help received.

Pete

Hi

Yes I was stood next to the panel while my son went out (I was out of view of any PIR's)

We also changed the entry exit door to the side door zone (5) and disabled the front door zone (1) but it made no

difference.

Thanks for your reply though.

Pete

HI

Sorry not sure about this chirp on set, I have been checking the manual When the alarm is set you get a

bleep bleep---bleep bleep--- sound when you open the exit door the key pad zone one lights and the chime starts as well when the door is closed the light goes out and the bleep bleep--- continues until the exit time is reached then the alarm goes off. Pressing any button on the key pad stops the external sounder but the panel still bleeps until the code is input.

Non of this logs a fault ?

Have to be honest had the exact same fault on a customers Veritas panel earlier this year, when you did all the tests it behaved fine.

You could fire the strobe and the bell, walk test,  and everything else just couldn't set the alarm same sort of symptoms as you describe. opted to replace the panel and the bell box and its been fine ever since.

Age of unit 20 years touch and it was located in the airing cupboard.

18 hours ago, secureiam said:

Thanks for your replies.

Long story but my son is buying another house that has no alarm so he is going to get the same model for that and we can substitute the panel, keypad and external sounder and hopefully track the problem to a unit, my daughter is taking over my sons house.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Result.

Hi Sorry for the delay, Yesterday we managed to get hold of a complete spare alarm system, and started by doing another test on internal sounder hi and low tone was okay but the strobe and bell appeared dead ? we wired up the new bell box on a short lead from the panel and it worked fine so we checked the wires to the old bell and there was no 12v+ at the bell terminal but was it available at the panel. luckily we had a spare conductor in the cable so we replaced the damaged red wire with this and every thing seems to be working correctly now.

I still can't understand how that allowed us to disable the bell with just one press of any key on the panel last time we looked at it though.

Thanks for all your help,

I always start by thinking the fault will be something complicated that I can't check myself :rolleyes:

Pete